eddie murphy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lydia1980

Apr 13, 2006
It's a nickname, and I do know his real name! I just know that if anyone does know of him, that's what they'll call him! And he does actuallu look like him funnily enough!

Last edited:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The people who aremost likely to know him won't be looking in this forum. The moderator will probably move this thread when they see it, but you could start a new one in the "Sankie 101" section of the Mars and Venus forum.

Winnipegger

Oct 17, 2003
There is a guy working a stall in Cabarete by Jose Osheays who called himself Eddie Murphy and yes he did look a lot like him. He was pretty smooth and when I mentioned how gorgeous one of the Jose O sheays waitresses was he called her over so I could get her phone number! lol

benna

Jan 30, 2006
I can't believe I have been here for three months now and haven't found a sankie! :cheeky:

benna

Jan 30, 2006
Hell no!! Especially not after reading that article!

Although an interesting thing. When I was on vacation in the DR (Playa Dorada) a couple years ago, I met a guy who I firmly believe was/is a sankie! He wooed me, wined me, dined me, introduced me to his family, took me out dancing and impressed me with not only his own dancing skills, but his ability to teach this white girl with no rhythm how to dance! And of course after I went home, the emails and phone calls began. He called me several times a day, to the point where I told him he needs to find a local girlfriend because he was getting a little too possesive for my liking.

He never asked me for money though, nor did I ever pay for anything on our nights out. So maybe he was just in it for the vacation romance or...wasn't using me for money like one would originally think...Guess I will never know! :ermm:

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
He may have had hopes of one day getting a visa out of the DR for which he was happy to invest his money taking you out - wining and dining you - as the end reward would be worth the money spent.

Also it's highly likely that they money he was spending on you was being given to him by another woman who probably thought it was going towards a sick family member or towards some other good cause.

Cynical me - of course there is a chance he could have been a genuinely nice guy.........like you say, you will never know :paranoid:

How long are you in the DR for? :classic:

benna

Jan 30, 2006
I am in the DR indefinately....going home for a few weeks in the summer and then will be back to Sosua.

I have wondered if I had a genuinely nice guy, or a weasle trying to worm his way into Canada (via my heart...) but I am a cynical gal when it comes to guys. So he picked the wrong woman if that's what he was hoping.

I'm just hoping Eddy Murphy's gal is listening to this....

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Cool - I see that you will be at Rocky's on July 2nd so I guess I will see you there :classic:

I don't think being a cynical woman in the DR is a bad thing (within reason of course!) Better than being sankified ;)

(NB - I don't know anyone called Eddy Murphy and I am by no means implying he is a sanky)

UK GIRL

Jun 13, 2006
Mr Murphy

Hi I know him very well as he used to work at the Gran Ventana hotel. I used to date one of his mates and one word of warning he is not a guy you can trust.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
This is too weird. Just like I am sure there are many people by the name of John Smith, there are probably a couple of people named Eddie Murphy as well(real name). But what are the odds of there being more than one Eddie Murphy in the Puerto Plata area?
I'm not sure about the one in question, but there is a guy by that name at another resort. So I'm thinking that, he got another job someplace else or this guy is named Eddie Murphy as well.

By the way he in no way resembles Eddie Murphy, so I am kind of baffled why he is called that, unless it is his real name, maybe he laughs like him. I don't know.

All I know is that there could be more than one.( insert,theme from the Twighlight Zone )

UK GIRL

Jun 13, 2006
I used to know two but he left and got married to an English girl. The one in question has been seen with many a girl. He is also best pals with the skankie I used to date (hes and Ex for a reason). Going out with these guys can be very flattering but this is their second job and most likely have girls in other countries and a wife somewhere in the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.