Verizon - mindless idiots!!!!

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Well I am thoroughly cheesed off now!!! After personally working for a North American phone company for years, trying to deal with the boneheads at Verizon is like going back into the dark ages. Not only do they not have a clue as to the concept of Customer Service, their policies have been written to forstall any intelligent solutions being presented to them!! Here it is:

December 2004 (after waiting for three years) transferred our land line phone number into our name by personally going to Puerto Plata with the previous owner, copies of bills, etc.

May 2005 we rented our villa to a family whose husband works throughout the D.R. for a hotel chain. Deal on the phone was we would continue to pay the line and he would pay the long distance. He indicated that internet would not be necessary as he was wired at work.

Sometime after that, he changed his mind about having internet at the villa. He went (I am assuming he went and did not do this over the phone) to Verizon and changed the ownership of the account. We were never notified or contacted by anyone. Verizon switched the account, no questions asked!!!

He moved out at the end of March and voila, placed a disconnect order. So now we have no phone line and we are not sure when we can get back down there to place a new order. As well, by the time we do get there to place the order, it will be a new install and not reconnection.

I contacted Verizon about their performing the ownership change without authorization, notification and documentation and I asked them to change the ownership back to us, the original owners. I gave them our original contract number, my phone number here and I asked them to call to verify the personal information on our original contract. Do you think they could get their collective stupidity around this? No, I have to bring copies of the invoices, that he (the renter) has in his possession to their offices for proof, even though I stated I was out of the country and could not do that.

I called their office and asked to speak to a manager repeatedly. The (get this) "Customer Service Representative" refused to put me through to a manager and like a robot regurgitated the same b**ls**t over and over again. They make no excuse for changing the ownership without authorization and when confronted with the blatant breaking of their own policies, nothing. I really don't thnik they have a clue about how any of this works or their responsiblity to the customer.

Now I have no phone service, no idea when I can get down there and go back to their office to arrange a new install and given how long the installation takes, I won't be there for that either. I even suggested an outside connection as we have the previous number that the renter has not completely paid yet. No, can't do that either!!!

There is no logic in their behaviour or the application of their own policies. According to Verizon we are not all created equally. Men can do this but god help a woman trying to get anything done with these idiots!!!

I am asking for any and all suggestions on how to get this albatross of a company to behave like a responsible corporate citizen. I know they have been sold but do you think that any improvements would be forthcoming? I don't think so. The management at Verizon have built themselves a nice little wall that keeps the public out and the problems that come with them. Their "Customer Service Representatives" literally protect the management from having to get their hands dirty or actually speaking to disgruntled customers. Even the "CSR's" don't seem to recognize the corrupt and blatantly discriminatory practices that they enforce.

One phone call by Verizon could have fixed the mess they made but that suggestion was just too easy. Instead, they continue to victimize those who have done nothing wrong and yet are being penalized by a company that can't even recognize their own corrupt practices.

:angry: :tired: :confused: :mad:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
rendul said:
Well I am thoroughly cheesed off now!!! After personally working for a North American phone company for years, trying to deal with the boneheads at Verizon is like going back into the dark ages. Not only do they not have a clue as to the concept of Customer Service, their policies have been written to forstall any intelligent solutions being presented to them!! Here it is:

December 2004 (after waiting for three years) transferred our land line phone number into our name by personally going to Puerto Plata with the previous owner, copies of bills, etc.

May 2005 we rented our villa to a family whose husband works throughout the D.R. for a hotel chain. Deal on the phone was we would continue to pay the line and he would pay the long distance. He indicated that internet would not be necessary as he was wired at work.

Sometime after that, he changed his mind about having internet at the villa. He went (I am assuming he went and did not do this over the phone) to Verizon and changed the ownership of the account. We were never notified or contacted by anyone. Verizon switched the account, no questions asked!!!

He moved out at the end of March and voila, placed a disconnect order. So now we have no phone line and we are not sure when we can get back down there to place a new order. As well, by the time we do get there to place the order, it will be a new install and not reconnection.

I contacted Verizon about their performing the ownership change without authorization, notification and documentation and I asked them to change the ownership back to us, the original owners. I gave them our original contract number, my phone number here and I asked them to call to verify the personal information on our original contract. Do you think they could get their collective stupidity around this? No, I have to bring copies of the invoices, that he (the renter) has in his possession to their offices for proof, even though I stated I was out of the country and could not do that.

I called their office and asked to speak to a manager repeatedly. The (get this) "Customer Service Representative" refused to put me through to a manager and like a robot regurgitated the same b**ls**t over and over again. They make no excuse for changing the ownership without authorization and when confronted with the blatant breaking of their own policies, nothing. I really don't thnik they have a clue about how any of this works or their responsiblity to the customer.

Now I have no phone service, no idea when I can get down there and go back to their office to arrange a new install and given how long the installation takes, I won't be there for that either. I even suggested an outside connection as we have the previous number that the renter has not completely paid yet. No, can't do that either!!!

There is no logic in their behaviour or the application of their own policies. According to Verizon we are not all created equally. Men can do this but god help a woman trying to get anything done with these idiots!!!

I am asking for any and all suggestions on how to get this albatross of a company to behave like a responsible corporate citizen. I know they have been sold but do you think that any improvements would be forthcoming? I don't think so. The management at Verizon have built themselves a nice little wall that keeps the public out and the problems that come with them. Their "Customer Service Representatives" literally protect the management from having to get their hands dirty or actually speaking to disgruntled customers. Even the "CSR's" don't seem to recognize the corrupt and blatantly discriminatory practices that they enforce.

One phone call by Verizon could have fixed the mess they made but that suggestion was just too easy. Instead, they continue to victimize those who have done nothing wrong and yet are being penalized by a company that can't even recognize their own corrupt practices.

:angry: :tired: :confused: :mad:
Take a deep breath. Relax, calm down.

... soon enough Carlos Sim will come to your rescue... :paranoid: :ermm: :disappoin

-NALs

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Just wait until the Mexicans take it over....
Customer service now will seem excellent by comparison. Not to mention that the prices will surely go up a lot and technology investment will drop tremendously. Right now the DR has one of the most advanced telecommunication systems in Latin America, while Mexico has one of the worst I've seen.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
suarezn said:
Just wait until the Mexicans take it over....
Customer service now will seem excellent by comparison. Not to mention that the prices will surely go up a lot and technology investment will drop tremendously. Right now the DR has one of the most advanced telecommunication systems in Latin America, while Mexico has one of the worst I've seen.
We be doomed.

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
Just to make you feel a little better:

A friend of mine wnt to Verizon to pay his bill
When the girl at the desk asked him for the invoice, he told her that he did not get any till now (what is a natural thing in the DR)
So, she asked him for his phone number
He said: "try to call 123-xxx-xxxx", and yes his wife picked up the phone, she was happy because now she new his phone number

Next, she put that number into the computer and said "sorry si, this number does not exist"

huh ................... :)

and the story continue ...

----------------------------
AND
high-tech systems, needs to be operated by people with the PROPER knowledge, here dies the statement:
"my nephew has a nice watch, nice clothes, rings and heknows how to change a lightbulb, he will be the main technician of that system"

"Ignorance kills the most perfect system"

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Actually the OP brings up a very serious issue.
At Verizon, if you can show that you have paid the last 3 invoices from them, or more, they consider the account yours. They do not ask for more than that to transfer an account.