Our Home Search Is Complete

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
We have been looking and looking for another apartment or house to rent ever since the hot water tank went out here and the owner refused to replace it and instead insisted that I was responsible. It wasn't the money. Those little buggers are cheap. It was just the insult of the matter. He knows that I have lived here for 4 years and have taken very good care of his apartment. I paint the entire place once a year and do touch ups from time to time. Normally, if something breaks I fix it instead of calling his boys over. Two reasons I do that...one, I don't mind and two, his boys always seem to make the situation even worse. I suppose he got to smug with my consistent rent always paid on the first of the month. I have no clue what his thinking is. It baffles me. The apartment across the hall is vacant four months out of the year between tenants. He loses money playing such a game. He is guaranteed money with a consistent tenant. I will probably never understand the logic but surely there is one.

So anyway, we have been looking and looking and never could find the perfect place that met all our requirements. Yesterday we found it and will be leaving here shortly. Immigration has put the brakes on lately and now we have no idea when we will be going to the USA. But at least we will be comfortable and I will not feel like I have been slapped and had to just accept it.

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Congrats.......Glad you found another place!
Dominican reasoning sometimes has me shaking my head even if the "Dominincan reasoning" comes from an 'extranjero'!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please call me:
1)To let me know where your new place is so I can bug you
2)So I can get you some coffee.

OKAY?:p:p
HB

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lets see if you feel the same way in three months................I don't think so
but please keep us posited on your new place anyway.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
HB....I will call. I have been very busy lately. But do want to try that coffee. At the end of month my wife will be going to Santo Domingo. If you need something from Chinatown....let me know. I am going to have her pick up some curries...red, green.

Gringo, little by little I get better at living here. I hope I have learned a lot in the time I have been here. But sometimes I still lose it. I'm not proud of that. Just trying to live. When you come here, the first place you live is a learning experience. You learn what you don't like and what you want to change next time around. This place we are going into is 170M versus the 140M we have now. The kitchen is large. Has a balcony. Second floor. Some of the aspects I like about it. Oh, and the hot water heater is double the size what I have now and appears to be a newer item. I'll update.