My Day In The Mountains...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Road from Santiago through Yasica to POP/Sosua. A beautiful day today. We avoid the fried meats along the way but always stop at the fruit stands near Yasica. Today this guy breaks open these two fruits that I have never seen before. They both have long black seeds inside and one is like a milky textured meat and the other is purple and I don't remember the names but they were excellent. What a treat. One of the gems of this country is its wide assortment of fruit and you should try them all. There are several places along the way I like to stop just to listen to the water running down the mountains. Sonador is one. The ocean was incredible from way up there. I get up there and you can actually breathe and I'm exagerating my inhales and exhales and patting my stomach and my daughter is laughing away. And what makes her laugh makes me glow.

We get down to Montellano...and I accidently drive into a ditch and get stuck. These young boys, about ten of them and a guy with a truck who goes by the name of Castillo pulled and pushed me out. That meant so much to me.

Yes...today, I was a King.