Sending dog from Puerto Plata to Toronto

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
I need to send my dog unaccompanied via Air Canada from Puerto Plata to Toronto, Canada in June. According to Air Canada's website they do this and you are allowed to send your dog unaccompannied. I called Air Canada and they told me I have to make all the arrangements with the airport here....

So I called the Puerto Plata airport last week and they said that I cannot send my dog unaccomapnaied and I must be on the same flight. Does anyone know if this is true? Or does anyone know who I can contact for assistance with this?

Any help would be appreciated....Thanks in advance!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Gumby said:
I need to send my dog unaccompanied via Air Canada from Puerto Plata to Toronto, Canada in June. According to Air Canada's website they do this and you are allowed to send your dog unaccompannied. I called Air Canada and they told me I have to make all the arrangements with the airport here....

So I called the Puerto Plata airport last week and they said that I cannot send my dog unaccomapnaied and I must be on the same flight. Does anyone know if this is true? Or does anyone know who I can contact for assistance with this?

Any help would be appreciated....Thanks in advance!

Did you speak directly with the airline in Puerto Plata?