using guest house as a small B&B

svmher

Apr 10, 2006
Does anyone use a small guest house as a B&B? I know they can't be used if living in a gated community. Just wondering. If I move there I won't work as an emergency nurse because the pay is so low.
Any information will be appreciated.
THanks,
Lynne

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Or small semi-detached apartments? HEHEHE :p:p:p

Yes you can do it. And it can be a lot of fun!!

HB :D:D:D

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
ohhh ok

oohhh yea.....i don't know 2 many dominicans that use b&b's ....its called cabanas......where i come from.....lol

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
sunshine73 said:
oohhh yea.....i don't know 2 many dominicans that use b&b's ....its called cabanas......where i come from.....lol
B&B's in the context of this thread are quite different from Cabanas. A B&B is generally extra rooms that are detached from the main quarters of ones house, that are rented out to tourists. Generally breakfast is included with the accomodations, hence the term Bed and Breakfast.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
B&Bs cater to business people, tourists with flights at odd hours, small families that need to have a good night's rest before an early morning flight, or people working with charity groups that need a base to work from, or people that want to see Santiago (in our case) and have a nice place to come "home" to....:p

It is a concept that is very popular in the US, especially in more rural areas...

HB :D:D grinnin'

Crystal

Nov 7, 2005
What are the laws or rules to running a B&B in the DR? If it is already in an archived thread, can you redirect?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
B&B? I don't envision this service catering to the general public. Maybe the idea should be to develop a select set of customers (forwarded by high end hotels, travel agents, etc...)

-