Rio San Juan

Status
Not open for further replies.

crissylee

Mar 31, 2006
Hi everyone, I am planning on returning to DR and staying in Rio San Juan. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is anything to do in RSJ. I would like to visit the beaches, I went to Playa Granda which was beautiful but I would like to know if RSJ has anything else to offer for fun. Are there a lot of discos and restaurants in RSJ? Are there any tours that are offered? If anyone knows more please let me know I would appreciate it. I also considered taking the bus to Santo Domingo, is there a lot to do there too? Thanks everyone.

Crissylee

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Playa Calitan before Playa Grande is probably the best beach on the North Coast. Secluded, calm and beautiful. Ask any local for directions. When you are there see Anthony for fresh fish and Longosta on the beach. He speaks English and has been there for 15 years.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yes Playa Caleton is a realy good beach, and the seafood they serve there is fantastic. I find it a bit odd though, that you have decided to stay in Rio San Juan without knowing absolutely nothing about the place ?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Rio San Juan is to.. what baseball is(once was) to baseball scouts..

.starts with in an 'S' and quacks like a duck? ..

Last edited:

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
I agree with mountian frog, that would be the only reason that a person would chose the small "fishing town" of RSJ.

Honey I hope he's worth your time and money...and that he's different from the other men in that town...

RSJ is fun, but there really isn't a lot to do....

crissylee

Mar 31, 2006
Thanks everyone, for the info. I have been to the Carlton beach or whatever it is called and it was beautiful. I went to RSJ previously and it does not seem as busy as the other towns I went to. I have also considered staying at the Cabarete because it seems to have a lot of things to do there. I have been doing my research and I do have the info about RSJ. I am still not sure where I want to go, so I was just asking for some info not for comments which are unrelated to visiting the DR.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Cabarete would be a good place to stay if you are looking for bars - the beach is lined with them!

Also, if you are into watersports - surfing, kiteboarding, wind surfing etc then Cabarete is the place.

Not too far from Cabarete is Sosua - again lots of nightlife here too. do a search on things to do in Sosua and you will find many helpful threads.

Daydream.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Why not both? Cabarete is only 50 minutes from Rio San Juan. You can get there for 40 or 50 RD.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
RSJ is fun, but there really isn't a lot to do....
Always liked the look of it and now it sounds marvellous -- for a few days on the way to the Saman? Peninsula or back from.

Status
Not open for further replies.