Phone Thefts.............

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I know this happens all the time, but two friends of mine (both Dominican) have had their phones stolen from them while riding down the street in Puerto Plata in the last week. Both were on small motorbikes when the larger bikes have gone by and swiped the phones off their bodies.........even though I know they should be more careful etc..........there has got to be a way that these phones can be stopped from having other people use them and/or reactivate them.............if for no other reason, since chances of getting them back are slim..........just to p*** them off! :cheeky:

One was a Verizon and the other was an Orange phone. The Orange phone was a "razr" and cost substantial $$$$ here in the DR.

Does anyone know of any contact at ORANGE headquarters (if there is one), or anyway that they can somehow make that phone serial number invalid (since they must have it on file from the former phone number)???? so that the SOB can't use it!!!!???? :ninja:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
If your friends has the reciept from buying the phones, no matter of cash or invoice for calls, they can lock the phones.
Both Verizon and Orange do that.
But they need the receipt as the number of the phone ( not phone number ) etc is listed there.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
carina said:
If your friends has the reciept from buying the phones, no matter of cash or invoice for calls, they can lock the phones.
Both Verizon and Orange do that.
But they need the receipt as the number of the phone ( not phone number ) etc is listed there.

If you visit the flee market ('la pulga') under Avenida Luperon, Santo Domingo, every Sunday morning, you will find mounds of cell phones for sale, most of phones are sold for parts. Recent model cell phone screens are an item of great demand...

-

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
mikeo1313, you're going to keep finding moronic posts deleted in this forum. I suggest that you keep the stupid stuff down to a dull roar.

(Too much to do, no patience today!)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Mirador said:
If you visit the flee market ('la pulga') under Avenida Luperon, Santo Domingo, every Sunday morning, you will find mounds of cell phones for sale, most of phones are sold for parts. Recent model cell phone screens are an item of great demand...

-

I know that very well, it is in all cities.
But they can still lock the phone, if they have the reciept.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I have hear few cases where the owner recover the phone, I was stolen 2 times and in both time they kept my cell, But now the one that I have Im paying 102.00 pesos extra in my phone bill so if I lose it again, borke or some stole it the security company will give me the same model.