P.o Box

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
I am moving to santiago. I need the best way of having my USA mail forward to DR. plus I ll also like to purchase things on the Internet and have it mail to my PO BOX so i can them be mail to my new home in DR. Any Ides on how can i do this before leaving the US since I have to give a change of address at the post ofccie?
Thanks

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
chola1978 said:
I am moving to santiago. I need the best way of having my USA mail forward to DR. plus I ll also like to purchase things on the Internet and have it mail to my PO BOX so i can them be mail to my new home in DR. Any Ides on how can i do this before leaving the US since I have to give a change of address at the post ofccie?
Thanks

Hello Chola
The best way to get mail from USA to DR is through ...
Business Mail & Cargo
they are in Puerto plata, Santiago & S. Domingo
www.businessmailcargo.com
Santiago tel nr. 809 241 0625 fax nr. 809 241 2650

Hope this helps & Good Luck with your move

Regards
Sylvia

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
That is one and EPS is another. They give you a PO Box in Miami for letters and an street address for packages. YOu pay by weight,a nd they have an email notification system for tracking packages once they arrive at the Miami facility. It costs 500 pesos to join. Their website is http://www.eps-int.com/

Their address in Santiago is la Calle Hostos esq. Franco Bid? #3.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Mil Gracias Ill do reaserch on Business Mail & Cargo.
ROBERT1 can you elaborate on why they are not the best.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I guess I know 20-30 people that are happily using EPS and only 3-4 using Business Mail & Cargo. In Santo Domingo, BM & C do not have the best name on the street in regards to customer service. But, I think you will find they are cheaper than EPS, I guess you get what you pay for.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
So far we have found Business Mail in Santiago not too bad at all. They've been giving us good service, they have not lost anything in or out and have not overcharged us. That says something - but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop ;)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Good experience with BM and C

I have used Business Mail in Santo Domingo for several years and am very happy with their service.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And I have been using Business Mail for several years and am happy with them. I started with EPS when they started and just got tired of being charged so much for so little.
Chola: For purchases in the states just have the seller sent the item directly to you at the business Mail or (gulp) other mail forwarder's address in Miami. Then they get it to you. You can have someone at the Post Office forward anything to the Miami address also.
However, you should know that junk mail that is forwarded can be costly, unless you tell your mail forwarder that you do not want it...

HB :D:D

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Business Mail is my service. THey also service my son and his business and my other son and his whole family. They even moved his mother in law's furniture down here when they closed the apartment.

HB:D:D

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
man is HB recomends them it mmust be for a good reason.I ll give them a call to set up the account.Or does it need tobe in person?