Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P.o Box

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Question P.o Box

I am moving to santiago. I need the best way of having my USA mail forward to DR. plus I ll also like to purchase things on the Internet and have it mail to my PO BOX so i can them be mail to my new home in DR. Any Ides on how can i do this before leaving the US since I have to give a change of address at the post ofccie?
    Thanks

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chola1978
    I am moving to santiago. I need the best way of having my USA mail forward to DR. plus I ll also like to purchase things on the Internet and have it mail to my PO BOX so i can them be mail to my new home in DR. Any Ides on how can i do this before leaving the US since I have to give a change of address at the post ofccie?
    Thanks
    Hello Chola
    The best way to get mail from USA to DR is through ...
    Business Mail & Cargo
    they are in Puerto plata, Santiago & S. Domingo
    www.businessmailcargo.com
    Santiago tel nr. 809 241 0625 fax nr. 809 241 2650

Hope this helps & Good Luck with your move

Regards
    Sylvia

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That is one and EPS is another. They give you a PO Box in Miami for letters and an street address for packages. YOu pay by weight,a nd they have an email notification system for tracking packages once they arrive at the Miami facility. It costs 500 pesos to join. Their website is http://www.eps-int.com/

Their address in Santiago is la Calle Hostos esq. Franco Bidó #3.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Business Mail & Cargo is not the best way, it's another way.

I would personally use EPS.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Mil Gracias Ill do reaserch on Business Mail & Cargo.
    ROBERT1 can you elaborate on why they are not the best.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I know 20-30 people that are happily using EPS and only 3-4 using Business Mail & Cargo. In Santo Domingo, BM & C do not have the best name on the street in regards to customer service. But, I think you will find they are cheaper than EPS, I guess you get what you pay for.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So far we have found Business Mail in Santiago not too bad at all. They've been giving us good service, they have not lost anything in or out and have not overcharged us. That says something - but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good experience with BM and C

I have used Business Mail in Santo Domingo for several years and am very happy with their service.

Post Thanks / Like

And I have been using Business Mail for several years and am happy with them. I started with EPS when they started and just got tired of being charged so much for so little.
    Chola: For purchases in the states just have the seller sent the item directly to you at the business Mail or (gulp) other mail forwarder's address in Miami. Then they get it to you. You can have someone at the Post Office forward anything to the Miami address also.
    However, you should know that junk mail that is forwarded can be costly, unless you tell your mail forwarder that you do not want it...

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

do you recomend any mail fowarders in miami HB?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast