Help for a friend

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I have a friend, Jenny, that lives in San Cristobal. I talk with her regularly and had met her the last trip down to the RD.

I not too overly concerned but am just wondering if any of the expats live in the San Cristobal area may be able to help?

Like most younger people there (she is 28) she is not having the best of times. Things aren't horrible but could be a bit better.
Not sure what can be done but she seems to be needing a few friends and someone to talk to. She is a lovely gal, is going for her masters, and is looking for work.
She speaks english fairly well and is very personable.

I am wondering if anyone out there may be willing to be a friend to her and if possible see if they can help her find work.

My spanish is limited and I do call her every few days but I wish I could be there just to be a friend to give her some better support.

Let me know your thoughts and if anything can be done.

Thanks.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm just going to add my two cents here and please don't take this personally.

If you are looking to people on this board to guide her in the right direction for a job, I can understand that and it's very nice of you to try and help her. What I don't understand is why she needs help in finding friends in her own country. I'm assuming she is Dominican and at 28 should have made many friends of her own.

Just my two cents ;)

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Anna, I can definately see your point of view and I have the same questions as well. She is an only child and not with her real mother and to be honest think that she is a little depressed.
I know what that feels like. She does have friends and some family but most of them are working. So my request is really two part. a) help her find work and b) see if someone that lives in the area may want to be a friend.

I am going out on a bit of a limb asking for this but felt it was worth a shot.

If anyone does know of any work in Sto Domingo or San Cristobal please let me know.