Dominican Music Charts

Morenita84

Aug 22, 2004
Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you that are aware, could share some internet sites that have top 10 charts of popular songs in the DR. I already have one for reggaeton and I look at the sosua site as well, but I was looking for something broader. If anyone could share some others I would be grateful!

RD

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Sabordominicano.com

This site should have everything you are looking for including concert info and some other details. I don't look at it often but when I need information quickly about a song it's always there. At the top of the homepage go to bachata or merengue there's a drop down menu, click on hit parade for the charts, song rankings etc.

Hit Parade

-LDG.

purplebunniern

May 13, 2004
some what related

What CD is the song "Amiga Veneno" and "Adios" from Zacarias Ferreira on?
thanks
purplebunniern:bunny:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Purplebunniern-

I have the cd in my hand as I type my response to you. It's called Novia m?a. However, in my opinion it's not worth buying. There are ten songs and only about four are worthwhile. Amiga veneno is one of them. Adi?s is from his album Adi?s also a mediocre production by Zach. If you are looking for a complete cd by ZF through and through I recommend El amor vencer?.

-LDG.

Amiga veneno el mundo es peque?o para los dos...

Last edited:

purplebunniern

May 13, 2004
thank you

thanks Lesley
the only CD I have currently is Quiereme. I just have the single Amiga Veneno. It is really hard to find his music in Ontario. I guess I will wait til Iget to the DR to pick up the CD you suggested.
Thanks again
purplebunniern:bunny:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Purplebunniern-

Actually ZF's music is available on-line if you do shop that method. Amazon does have most of his albums especially the more recent ones. In my opinion ZF is not a pillar bachatero and very unpredictable. You can't just buy his album without sampling it first. His debut album was great and so was his second and then after he has about two or three that are just weak, including the one with Amiga veneno. Then he produced El amor vencer? which is awesome. I don't have Qui?reme yet but the reviews are good. How is it?

BTW- If you ever are in Montreal I can tell you where to get good Latin music. Toronto as well I am familiar with some good shops. In the DR, I don't buy music on the street. If you shop in SD go to Musicalia in La Zona Colonial or Karen CD Store although her prices are bit too high the selection is great and some rare finds too!

-LDG.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I agree with Lesley, Novia Mia is not worth buying. Although I am a fan of quite a few ZF's songs, I did not enjoy this CD at all. I remember one day taking a publico into POP. I was in the prized front seat, and this CD and the song Amiga Veneno just came out. The driver LOVED the song Amiga Veneno. He played it five times consecutively, of course, mind-blastingly loud. I'd decided instantly that I did not like it. He looked over at me, as he went to play it for the sixth consecutive time, expecting to receive approval. He said, "A ti te gusta"?, and I said, "No me gusta a todo. A mi me gusta ZF, pero no me gusta esta cancion." Of course, the music was blaring, so he probably selectively heard "me gusta ZF", and he continued to play it until I got out of the publico. As I left, he was changing CD's. 'Thanks.'

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Me pas? a m? tambi?n-

Trina hilarious and that's one aspect about Latin America that I like and do not like at the same time. If the driver plays the music at a nice level, it's true accompaniment but if it's blaring I agree get off at the next stop. If you ever go to Panama, Venezuela or Colombia, it's guaranteed that you will have music on every bus which makes a potentially boring ride enjoyable depending on the driver's taste of course.

It also gives one an idea of the public's taste in music or likeness somewhat. In Panama it's salsa all the way. Every 'chiva' (the Panamanian bus) has salsa blaring out of the window. In Venezuela (at least for me) it was cumbia and some nice ones too. I actually did not want to get off and in Colombia it was a mix of salsa, cumbia and vallenato depending on the time day. Oh the joys of Latinamerica, it certainly would not happen on this side of the planet!

Enjoy your day Madame.

-LDG.