All Inclusive to Punta Cana

JohnnyNac

Apr 19, 2006
I was wondering if anyone could help me find info on Punta Cana. I went there when I was younger, now I am trying to plan Spring Break there. I NEED HELP

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
JohnnyNac,
Hello and welcome to DR1. Shortly one of our many helpful board members will address you in your request for information.

In the meantime I did a search by going to the search function located on the top bar of this page and typed in "hotel in punta cana" and came up with these links which you can look at. Take care and enjoy.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49185&highlight=hotel+punta+cana

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48938&highlight=hotel+punta+cana

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48487&highlight=hotel+punta+cana

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48193&highlight=hotel+punta+cana

Rick

mmiller

May 10, 2006
Where to stay - all inclusive

I traveled to Punta Cana to a very nice all inclusive in 2000 - it had multi colored buildings to stay in, a jail like looking restaurant from outside, an italian restaurant open for lunch, a very nice steak, etc. restaurant, the entertainment was in a huge lobby like area with larger style chairs and a long bar on the side, it had a luncheon hut by the pool area... I can not remember the name, but it was a 5/6 apple at the time. Many of the employees spoke English. I know I have just described half of the resorts. The name may have changed? If this sounds familiar, please let me know.. If not, does anyone recommend an all inclusive for just my husband and me? We would like upscale all inclusive - premium drinks, food, no creatures in the room, etc. Secrets is booked. Thank you!

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
mmiller said:
I traveled to Punta Cana to a very nice all inclusive in 2000 - it had multi colored buildings to stay in, a jail like looking restaurant from outside, an italian restaurant open for lunch, a very nice steak, etc. restaurant, the entertainment was in a huge lobby like area with larger style chairs and a long bar on the side, it had a luncheon hut by the pool area... I can not remember the name, but it was a 5/6 apple at the time. Many of the employees spoke English. I know I have just described half of the resorts. The name may have changed? If this sounds familiar, please let me know.. If not, does anyone recommend an all inclusive for just my husband and me? We would like upscale all inclusive - premium drinks, food, no creatures in the room, etc. Secrets is booked. Thank you!

I heard the Majestic Colonial is super nice, and only a few months old.

mmiller

May 10, 2006
I discovered that the name of the place that I stayed was Secrets, however, they are booked. Looking at Paradisus Punta Can. Any advise?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
audrav said:
I heard the Majestic Colonial is super nice, and only a few months old.
Majestic Colonial opened in December and we spent two weeks there in April. If you have specific questions that you would like answered - ask away.

Gregg

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
FireGuy said:
Majestic Colonial opened in December and we spent two weeks there in April. If you have specific questions that you would like answered - ask away.

Gregg

what is the age group at this resort? is there things for kids to do there? my son is 9.

thanks for your help

Bahia Prinicpe is right next door and had an excellent kids program. the Kids program at the Majestic looked great on my visit to resort with my group and the Majestic management but I was not staying there.

Fireguy can add more information about the Majestic as he stayed there.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Hlywud said:
Bahia Prinicpe is right next door and had an excellent kids program. the Kids program at the Majestic looked great on my visit to resort with my group and the Majestic management but I was not staying there.

Fireguy can add more information about the Majestic as he stayed there.

I stayed there in February, they had stuff for the kids around the pool, but at night not much at all. Nice resort though!

siegs

May 9, 2006
Good Choice

mmiller said:
I discovered that the name of the place that I stayed was Secrets, however, they are booked. Looking at Paradisus Punta Can. Any advise?
$$$ but IMHO worth it.Other than the Palma Real (which I hope to try) I couldn't find anything wrong with this place.
Specific questions if you have any.

mmiller

May 10, 2006
Still looking for a resort

Now the Paradisus went up a thousand in two days. No kids, so I just hope wherever I stay they keep them busy! Looking for premium liquor, some evening entertainment - even if it is a lobby band or piano to dance and listen to, clean rooms and good food. Nothing worse than bad food at an all inclusive. We liked the idea of being able to order a bottle of wine with dinner, take one to your room, cigars included,....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
from the above mentioned resorts the hotels in the bahia principe resort have the better kiddies program, paradisus punta cana and paradisus Palma Real have the great service, from the two paradisus hotels the palma real is on the quiet bavaro beach, better with a kid.
secrets excellence is a really great resort, but located far north of punta cana in an area named Uvero Alto, i know it's mostly sold as Punta Cana, but to visit punta cana from there by cab would cost a fortune.
enjoy paradise island
Mike

Last edited: