beach photos from the air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2005
On the helicopter ride I took my girl friend on we took a ton of photos. I posted some on the thread about "sitting at rocky's now"

well looking over some tonight i realized why peopl like sosua beach so much on the north coast. The water is so clear , even when a wave crashed on the beach, in an instant the water is clear again. many beaches the water become turbid and the silt -dirty sand has to take some time to settle.

well here is a photo of caberette this past sat, and then below it is a photo of the sosua beach and below that is a photo of the beach near the heliport in playa dorado...big difference!

see posted photos below
bob

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
see if that is any better...nope

vz8wvt.jpg

vz8zki.jpg

vz8zuu.jpg

ok better..this is cabarette beach, then sosua, then playa dorado

bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 19, 2005
Id like to mention again for those that missed it, I have a bunch of photos of most all the beach areas between the middle of playa dorado and the far side of caberette from the air. Lots of the hotels if not most, plus some of the bigger houses. I just posted the beach photos to show the quality of the sand at the water line. i have much better beach photos. If you think you may like to look at a certain area let me know ill see if I have it.

bob

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
Hi Bob..

I'd be interested of any photo you have that may include the Gran Ventana in Playa Dorada, and any others of the area (inland, ie. the mall area). As far as I know, the Gran Ventana is one or two hotels east of the takeoff area for the helicopters.. it's kind of at a tip of land, and the roof of the hotel was orange (perhaps they all are)

Thanks in advance..

Sep 19, 2005
ok I know it, I have stayed there a few times. I am sure I have an arial that includes that. They are all at home now, so it will have to wait till tonight.

bob

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi Bob,

Nice pics looks like fun and what a view!! I would of been screaming I'm a bit afraid of heights :laugh:
But the view looks amazing :)

Sep 19, 2005
bob we left the heliport and went east all the way down just past cabarette and then back...so no photos west of the heliport in playa dorado...sorry.

On my next trip Ill try to fit in a flight to Monti Christi in that helicopter... then i could take some photos over that way as i go by.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.