Realistic Savings

mamichula24

Mar 28, 2006
As some of you may be aware from previous threads, I'm planning on making the move to the dr. I will be starting from scratch (no job or anything like that)

How much money should I bring as a "savings" for when I move. I'm not a huge partier, but enjoy going out every now and again. I'm more of a homebody. I don't have a frivilous lifestyle. Basics is good for me.

I'm planning on moving to POP. What would be an average monthly expense list. I don't care exactly where I live as long as it's clean and safe and can provide all necessary necessities (ie, hydro, water, and maybe cable).

Any help would be appreciated.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
50/50

mamichula24 said:
... I will be starting from scratch...
Fair enough.
Start scratching your head and do a search on this board about the cost of living.
Find your type of living standard.
Divide your "savings" by the monthly costs so found.
That may very well give you the number of months in this "paradise".

mamichula24 said:
How much money should I bring as a "savings" for when I move.
Bring 50%.
The other half will help you not to start from scratch again....

m'frog

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Make sure you have a fall back position: ie., a return ticket and something to go back to.

Unless your nickname is an indication of your profession, what do you have to offer the employment market? Really. You do need to think on this as paradise can get real ugly with no money and no prospects.

On the other hand if you are a computer whiz, a math teacher, a logistics expert, you will be welcomed with open arms....if you know Spanish a bit.

HB :D