Delta hiking up prices too...

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I've been on Delta.com since I got back on tuesday looking for a flight for the first week of June and the cheapest I can find is $404. I've flown Delta for as little as $278 RT from JFK to STI. I've also seen fares at $320.

I guess since fuel is more expensive they are hiking up prices too.

Sep 19, 2005
yeah, the same thing with AA over the end of summer and into the fall the fares fluctuated from 279 to 480!!!!! and spiked on the holiday weekends. Now it seems super constant above 450...no matter what day you pick! the fare is already $500 for fourth of july week! I looked up the week preceeding memorial day and got $480 for thursday departure, but it only dropped to $450 for a wed departure.....I doubt we will see anymore fare in the 300's

have to start cashing my miles in.

I havent checked other aiports or carriers, becauase they ALWAYS were more money.

bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If Iran is attacked, the fuel prices will really go up. Thanks for re-electing bush.
AZB

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
airfare

try flying out of new jersey instead of new york ...i found 230.00 + tax RT a huge difference from flying out of new york where i usually fly out of .and its only like 15 miles difference in airports

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Why do some people

blame every problem they encounter on George Bush? I'm not happy with the way he has handled some things either, and I voted for the man, but.............

Airline prices, besides seasonal fluctuations, are going up because fuel prices are going up.

Fuel prices are going up because of:

1) Demand from exploding economies in China and India

2) Insuffiecent refinery capacity due to Katrina, environmentalist whackos, and short-sighted "not in my back yarders" who block the expansion of capacity.

3) Middle East uncertainty

IMHO in that order.

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
oh yeah i forgot ..if trying to fly out of newark nj its continental airlines and its a non stop flight ..woo hoo no layovers

Sep 20, 2003
BBC radio had an oil analyst on last night that said the rise in oil prices was based on worries that Iran would cut production back drastically if it faces sanctions over its nuclear power program. I've read if war breaks out(with Iran) expect oil prices to spike immediately to 200$ a barrel. That is, if there is any oil still flowing out of the Persian gulf...

Does Hugo Chavez still sell the DR oil at a discount?

Last edited: