Tennis anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'm wondering if there are any tennis courts in the Sosua Cabarete area that are either open to the public or any clubs that can be joined for a small fee. Please be specific as to location as I'm only familiar with a little bit.

And more importantly, are there any tennis players on this forum? Singles or doubles, but singles preferred. I'm what one would call intermediate, clearly not a beginner.

Thanks.
Ro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Voramar Hotel has hard courts that you can play on for free or a small fee depending who is there. If you go at 5pm you should get a game. This used to be the tennis courts of the Casa Marina. You need to go towards Playa Chuquita to find them.

Also the Sea Horse Ranch will let you play for a much larger fee. Clay courts. Again 5 PM is a good time.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks so much. I know where the Casa Marina Hotel is, is that where you're saying the courts are? I'd prefer 'free' or 'low cost' compared to high fee as I'd like to play as often as I can when I'm there.

I played every day a couple of weeks ago when I was in Playa Dorado. I hired the tennis kid to play with me every morning - improved his game and gave me exercise and he made some bucks.

Thanks again
Ro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The courts are not at the Casa Marina, they are in Playa Chiquita. Just take a moto concho to the Voramar Hotel. You can walk also, take a left turn out of the Casa Marina Reef and just keep walking and you will run right into the courts. But it is a long walk.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I won't be there until October the earliest, but for sure from just before Thanksgiving probably until after Xmas. Let me know how to reach you and I'll give you more definite information when I made my reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.