Sailboat on Yasica River

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
I have recently read a thread on using DR rivers as natural harbors. i am interested in knowing if the depth of the Yasica river mouth would allow access in and out to the the Ocean for a 4 foot draft sailboat. I am sure the depth varies depending on several factors like tides, rain, waves but does anybody knows the depth in most favorable conditions.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I haven't been there in a long time, but I seem to remember it being way to shallow to get into the mouth, with a sail boat, that is.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
so i guess the only option on the north coast is the upcoming marina in Cofresi. I am looking for alternative as their prices are so high and Luperon is too far for me. any other suggestions? another river maybe or marina i don't know about?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
There really is nothing. Puerto Plata harbor is not a place to dock or moor a sailboat. I also think the mouth of the Yassica is not suitable. But one day, when you want to try and go in there with a little dingy or something to explore, let us know and we'll do it together ;)

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
Thank you for the info. i guess i am going to have to deal with the Cofresi Marina prices. i just bought a house and never thought docking my boat was going to be such an issue. i should have done my homework first. see you at the mouth soon. will let you know.