Cloricin for cisternas/tinajas

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Hi everybody!
A question about household water treatment....

I've searched the various threads handling water treatment but I find in the main only lots of recommendations about what to drink and what not to drink and yes,yes/no-no about brushing teeth with water from the faucet.

Like most others we use bottled water for drinking, preparing food, cooking and washing fruit and veggies (after disinfecting them with an appropriate product). Our swimming pool has its own purification/filtration system of course. I'm concerned about water for baths, showers, jacuzzi etc., and I've been told it's a good idea put a few spoons (presumably tablespoons) of a product called "Clorocin" per 1000 liters of cisterna/tinaja capacity.

We have a 550 gallon (black plastic)tinaja on top of the roof which is filled by pump from our own underground cisterna...the tinaja on the roof is difficult to access frequently unless we invest in an extra long extending ladder.........so could we get away with just treating the water in the cisterna...in the hope that the product will pass up to the tinaja with the water from the cisterna ?

Does anyone have any experience of using "Clorocin" or any other practical advice?

Thanks, - have a good week!