Travel During The Residency Application Process

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
As far as I am aware if you are not a resident you can only enter the DR if you have a return ticket to show that you will leave again at some future date. (Obviously many people don't ever use the return leg and over stay in the country)

My question is - what about travelling during the 3/4 mths that my residency application is being processed? If I were to buy a return flight originating in the DR - will they let me back into the DR on that return leg? Given that I will have started the residency application process. Is there some document you are given once you submit your application that allows you to travel during this time without questions at the airport?

What do all you folks without residency do in such a situation? I am sure some of you must travel to and from the DR.

Thanks in advance for any help
Daydream

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Different Things

daydream said:
.... If I were to buy a return flight originating in the DR - will they let me back into the DR on that return leg?
Yes.
Unless you need a visa for this country as some nationals do your travel document (passport) is all you need.
In this case you'd come as a tourist, I guess.
Your application for residency does not interfere.

m'frog

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
travel/residency process

m'frog is correct,
However,,
I just did what your asking and you may have to pay to get out or back in.
My experience was : Leaving SDQ, imigration would not accept the papers I had stating that I was in the re-newal process, I was forced to pay the fine for being overstayed without my tourist card, (which you don't need as a resident) Frustrating and annoying but why risk missing the plane while you beat your head against a brick wall dealing with the folks of imigration. Due to my experiance leaving, I thought I would solve the problem comming back in and buy a tourist card, 13 $ or 15 $ later,, the guy at incoming imigration asks why I purchaced the card when I have formal papers stating that my re-newal was in process.
Go Figure, Good Luck, Safe Trip !.
CG

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Thanks

Thanks for the replies....

Due to my experiance leaving, I thought I would solve the problem comming back in and buy a tourist card, 13 $ or 15 $ later,, the guy at incoming imigration asks why I purchaced the card when I have formal papers stating that my re-newal was in process.

Now why doesn't that suprise me?! Typical :laugh: