Santo Domingo Day Tours

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I have yahooed and goodled but can not seem to find any Day Tour Companies in Santo Domingo. I am familiar with Mel Tours and Alf Tours in the North. I know there must be companies like this is Santo Domingo.

Any help is appreciated.

I would be interested in a day tour of Santo Domingo and a Tour of The Three Eye Cave, but my options are open.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Colonial Zone tours

If you are interested in getting a good, historical walking tour of the Colonial Zone, they are available. There are licensed guides who have been tested and certified by the Tourism Ministry. They can usually be found in front of the Cathedral at the bottom end of El Conde, or in the square next to El Conde.

They will have a carnet attached to the front of their shirt, or ask one of the Tourism Police (white shirt and blue pants) where to find a tour guide. Cost is about $20 for a 2 or 3 hour tour.

And yes, they speak English, and other languages.

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
GringoCArlos said:
If you are interested in getting a good, historical walking tour of the Colonial Zone, they are available.

They will have a carnet attached to the front of their shirt, or ask one of the Tourism Police (white shirt and blue pants) where to find a tour guide. Cost is about $20 for a 2 or 3 hour tour.

And yes, they speak English, and other languages.

Thanks so much. I think I will have to do 2 days touring if I want to spend time at places I have read about.