Punta Cana apartment rentals

abe

Jan 2, 2002
I Searched this topic and hope to find a little more up to date info. I assume that Punta Cana continues to grow, so for someone looking to come down for a year or perhaps six months, is there now a bigger variety of furnished apartments for rent than there was a couple of years ago?

I don't mean resort oriented--but I do mean safe and not in a noisy neighborhood. Yes, I have been to the country many times, for as long as 3 months at a time, and I know that cars and motoconchos provide a veritable symphony at all hours of the day and night in many places. I would like to avoid that if possible.

My experience is largely North Coast and I need a new perspective on the country. Unfortunately, I realize that PC is not walkable like Cabarete or Sosua and transportation will be an issue--I do not have a death wish, but might need to buy a car or (ha ha) a Vespa.

Thanks

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Well if there's one thing that's changed in Punta Cana in the past 2 years, it's the residential development. You've got several new residential areas like Residential Punta Cana, Pueblo Bavaro, Pueblo Bavaro Punta Cana, etc. that are growing like crazy and are relatively safe. I don't know at this moment how much availability there is, but if you have enough $$, you'll find what you need.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Ah, yes--if you have enough $$, you can find what you need! True indeed, although the incurable romantics would dispute that. A quick Googling didn't turn up anything specific, but if anyone knows agents who handle rentals in these developments, I would love to hear about them.

Thanks, KateP.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Abe, what are you looking for?

Long term rental of furnished two bedroom apartments in the area will range from US$ 500 to 850 month and higher. Sites close to the beaches with beach rights ups the price.

Please note: Most up front money for rentals usually include 1st and maybe the last month rent. Also a security deposit equal of 1 month's rent. Agents will charge a fee one month's rent. Be advised it is not unheard of agents playing both ends - charging the apartment owner a finder's fee of one month rent and then charging the renter one month's rent for finding an apartment. Make sure of your terms with an agent before engaging services. Check with apartment owner to make sure agent is not double dipping.

Regards,
PJT

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Thanks. In a short time, when this particular gig up north winds down, I will be determining the next stop in life. I would not want anything smaller than a 2BR/2Bth, although the second bath is not absolute requirement. Will need an office at home and the opportunity to host visitors. Pool would be nice, but not a requirement.

I do understand that "la luz" is more reliable in PC, right? So the question of una planta may be moot--I don't know.

It would be great not to have to drive, but, as I said earlier, that sounds impossible in PC. I have only visited there once, but it looked like an impossibility to rely on walking. I don't take motoconchos although I might indeed buy one. Last choice, but it does depend on how long I stay.

I have lived in a lot of places, including the Peace Corps in West Africa where poverty is indeed poverty, so I adapt well. Nevertheless, I do not make knee jerk moves and I am a firm subscriber to the try it out for while school of relocation.

thanks