amount for CHILD SUPPORT

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
what's the specific procedure utilized by the court/nna to stablish the amount of child support

do the cour use a "table"?

a "table" in other jurisdictions work like this:

lets say you make 25000 pesos per month

you have 3, x,y,z children, 2 (x,y) with present wife and 1 (Y) with an ex-friend)

therefore the table shows you should pay x amount per month to your ex-girlfriend to support child Y.

or is the above too idealistic and reality in DR is something else in that regard?

if so, what's the reality?

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
thanks for not replying only with nonpertinent comments, it helps to keep things simple.

BUT i do have an answer from a DR lawer. He says the final amount will be subject to the discretion of the judge...

weird as it sounds i am not wondering why, you too probably can come up with a quick conclusion.

btw the lawyer does not like the net..., so he says

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
hi-tec said:
thanks for not replying only with nonpertinent comments, it helps to keep things simple.

BUT i do have an answer from a DR lawer. He says the final amount will be subject to the discretion of the judge...

weird as it sounds i am not wondering why, you too probably can come up with a quick conclusion.

btw the lawyer does not like the net..., so he says

Yes, the specific amount is to the discretion of the judge, there are no tables or drawn outlines to hand out decisions, but the judges? decisions most of the times depends on a) The economic resources the child had available during the time of marriage and b) The father's income. In the DR children from different mothers, recognized or not, or product of a marriage or from outside one have the same rights, i.e., mother A sues father for child support for child A and gets her support from father based on his income, then mother B sues same father for child B, she will also get the same amount from his income (lets presume both cases have the same circumstances) even though he is at the time paying for child A. In short, judges hand out support decisions on a completely individual basis. I was able to see this up-close at the NNA courts during my law school internships there, you would have fathers earning as low as 6,000 pesos a month having to pay for two child supports of 2,500 pesos each. How could you live with 2,000 pesos a month?!!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
...you would have fathers earning as low as 6,000 pesos a month having to pay for two child supports of 2,500 pesos each. How could you live with 2,000 pesos a month?!!

6,000 - 2,500/2 = 1,000

-

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
then you probably witness crimes, dissapearing acts (yola trips to Puerto Rico), prostitution one form or another etc,

when the couple are living together, the mother takes into consideration when the husband is out work or sick and 'does not put too much pressure...

when they separate (usually in bad terms) the mother then dont care if father is out of work or sick and NNA probably does not issue any credit...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Heavens HB and Alfredo.......

:glasses: even us accountants get our numbers wrong sometimes.....(when it's not even Monday!!)

I blame my faux pas on being a numeric dyslexic (I really am!!), so that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!;)