North Coasters

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Friend is taking a trip from Sosua to Las Terranas. He is interested in checking out areas where he might rent a large apartment or house to live in for a few years. His maximum rent would be 15K RD per month. So that probably rules out the Sosua/Caberate area. Do you know of any other nice areas along that route.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Snuffy,
It doesn't really rule out the Sosua/Cabarete areas.
It depends a lot on what he means by big, and is that price, bills included, and what are his requirements, like 24 hour power, pool, etc.
As soon as you get out of town, prices drop substantially.
Does he intend on having wheels?
Does he prefer to be isolated and away from town?
Is he hoping to be right on the water?
There are so many factors to take into account.
You could luck out and find a house for that price that would normally be 30,000 RD per month, but the owner is just looking to have someone reliable live in it and take care of it as they are not using it, or have it up for sale.
It's just a matter of taking the time to shop around & talk to the local expats, to pick up clues, as to where to look.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
That price is rent only. He does not want to live in the town of Sosua...but possibly on the outside. As close to water as possible but on water is not necessary. Has car.

Well, if you hear of anything let me know.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Gaspar hernandez......

here in gaspar hernandez he would live in a very nice house for that .......

If you need help Lemme know .....

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
What is gasper hernandez like? I always got the idea that rentals were hard to come by in those areas. I mean nice rentals.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Not too bad

Hi Snuffy ,

Well here is a link to Around GH

If you can't see the link, copy and paste the following directly into your browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=vmcprsp.20zz9oap&x=0&y=3p8emd

, Just a few photos I snapped. I rented before I bought this house .Paid 3700 Pesos Unfurnished....... There are rentals around. For the moment forget gated communities or Super Luxury Condos but there are decent homes around. Saw a few Perdomo signs on homes here last week....... You know how it is ..just gotta ask around and pay a lil commission and you can get anything........ Some people will move out of their house if the price is right! I own a second home that I plan to build on top of ..........but I would sell those. And I have an Apartment on top of my house furnished that i would rent if the price was right .............Brand new . Never lived in .......

attenewg

Feb 1, 2006
Snuffy,
What is it that your friend does not like about Sousua. If you state why he does not want to live there maybe it might be easier for someone to make suggestions.

PS
nice pictures Jojo