Dominican and Latin Events in Montreal & Toronto

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I just thought I would be a good idea to start a thread with links to Dominican and Latin events in Montreal & Toronto. Summer is coming up and lately I have been noticing that there are plenty of upcoming concerts in both cities which have a large Latino population. For example Grupo Niche was in Montreal and Toronto last weekend. El Gran Combo will be in Toronto on Saturday (April 29) and there are concerts coming up in the summer.

Montreal has many Dominican sponsored events in the summertime so if you are nearby or just visiting beautiful Montreal come on out and support a Dominican event. Montreal is a very busy and lively city in the summertime. There's always something to do. It's the spirit of Montreal and Dominicans are big part of it.

Upcoming events:

El Gran Combo- April 29, 2006- Toronto at Kool House 132 Queen's Quay's

Frankie Negron- May 5, 2006- Toronto, Guvernment 132 Queen's Quay East

Victor Manuelle- July 1, 2006- Toronto, The Docks (11 Polson Street)

Salsa on St.Clair- July 14 & 15- Toronto.

This event is new which began last year. Dance salsa on the street. It's an outdoor salsa festival in a prime location on St.Clair.

Merengue Festival- July 22 and July 23- Montreal (see link in the forum)

Here are some helpful links:

Montreal: elchasquilatino.com

Toronto: Torontohispano.com

-LDG.

Last edited:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hey Lesley thanks so much!! Funny thing I was checking the other day when the Merengue festival was going to be in Montreal I wanted to come but I will be coming back from the DR on July 22 just my luck :(
Since I missed it last year I wanted to come this year but now I'll have to wait for next year for sure though. It's always in July correct?
Keep me posted on concerts pleeeeeeeeease and thanks!! :)

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Music-

It has been in July for as long as I can remember so I guess you will have to wait until next year as you said. I am not even sure myself because my luck has been that when I plan to go something comes up the week before. So this year I will use reverse psychology. I won't plan and maybe I will be able to go. My goal is to at least participate in one event in either city this summer. I think it's important to support them because if we don't then they stop bringing groups for concerts etc. and as you know I am not too keen on the local bands unless it's Dominicanada Show Band! They can play and they have charisma with the crowd. I don't even know if they are still around. I have not heard anything from them in the past few years. However, they are a well respected Dominican-Canadian Band. Well deserved.

As I become aware of a concert that I think will be of interest I will add it to the thread or PM people directly who I know have an interest.

-LDG.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Lesley thanks so much your great as always and I appreciate it very much!!!
I'm still upset about missing Frank Reyes lol I will always be upset but next time for sure without a doubt :)

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Music you make me laugh-

Everytime you mention the concert it brings back great memories. The location was perfect, a small but lively crowd, Frank Reyes in my opinion put on a good show for his debut in Montreal.

The promoter said Frank R will be back so let's see if it's true.

Anyway check this out. I think you will like it.

El pr?ncipe de la bachata

-LDG.