Long Term Stays At All-inclusive Resorts....

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
is it common for the AI resorts to do that?
for example a stay of say 2-3 months.

do they usally offer a huge break on the price?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
in the nineties I remember that austrian guy (Hans), who use to come 4 month in a row every winter at the Luperon Beach Resort... He finally understood th DR was much nicer outside the resorts...

Resorts are optimized for a 2 weeks stay. More than 2 weeks and people will be tired to see you.

Book 2 weeks, and use them to investigate some guest-houses where you can spend your 3 monthes in a very leisure way...

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
While an extended stay at an AI may not be exactly what you desire it can be most cost competitive if you book directly with the hotel. The revenue that the hotel gets from a tour group is in the range of $30 to $45 per person per day for a double AI. If you negotiate properly you may find the cost to be quite reasonable.

Nov 16, 2005
WWW.TRANS-PAQ.COM
hi , I suggest staying at one for 2 to 3 weeks , getting to know the environment,and the locals and find and apartment or guest house which eventually will be cheaper and less monotonous in the menu..some apartments come with a cleaning lady and cook, for much less than the ai..depends where you want to go,,,,,,,,,,there also some villas in cabarete, with someone who will cook for you, tell them what you want to eat and they will make it along with cleaning services.............that is what i rented for my parents and it was great............