Breezes Puerto Plata...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

Mar 31, 2006
Has anyone heard anything about Breezes Puerto Plata being closed and guests being moved due to -- not sure exactly what the problem is but have heard some rumors that there is some concers and guests were being moved to a different resort? Can anyone give me any information on this please?

Thanks very much....
Debbie

lindsayuw

Apr 27, 2006
I read somewhere that the closing was due to bad water..not sure how long it will be closed for, or where they are redirecting people to...

sunny2

Apr 7, 2006
I heard that there was an car accident that involved hitting a utility pole by Breezes. Supposedly this affected the electricity supply to the water boiler. Taking this into consideration I guess they decided to close the resort rathe than risk people becoming gravely ill.

peanut100

Apr 27, 2006
Hi, I am going to be at Breezes PP next Saturday, so I was very concerned when I read this! But I called the hotel directly and they said that it is not true, and the resort is open. I have the # to the resort directly if anyone wants to call and do some checking up. 809 320 3600

Seems like everything is fine though and I am looking forward to this trip !

sunny2

Apr 7, 2006
Peanut there is a review of the Breezes on Debbie's and the writer states that they were moved to another resort by their tour operator. There was another posting by someone that said they were moved to the Gran Ventena and another group that were moved to the RIU Bachata. Supposedly there were 15 bus loads of people moved from the resort. If I were you I would check with my travel agent to see what your tour operator is doing. It is okay for the hotel to say they are open but your tour operator isn't going to send you somewhere that isn't safe health wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.