University Transportation.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Hi, My wife is going back to university , We live in Gaspar Hernandez (Between Cabarete and Rio San Juan. She will be studying medicine in Santiago (PUCMM.) We have a problem regarding her transportation from here to there. Anyone that can help with suggestions would be appreciated.

We know the Guagua (Caribe tours thing) and we know the Caritos and Public Transport thing as well.

We were wondering if the Presidente has a program for University bus transport. We often see the bus here on the careterra and were curious if there is anything that is being done for students from more distant areas like here to travel to Santiago.

She really would like to travel daily there and back. (Her choice) . I would also consider a 1 or 2 a week travel thing. Or any other suggestions would be great.

Joe and Fran

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
She isn't really considering making this commute daily, is she? And you can't be considering go along with it, are you?

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Well we own a home and a Business here so we have to find a solution ......

Please read again Howmar. I am Open to any suggestions based on others experiences or suggestions.........

Anything Constructive to add?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I guess that before I would want my spouse to commute that many hours a day, over Dominican roads as they are, I'd either change educational plans or move. Can't you commute to your business? Or is it too far? The only reasonable solution would be to have your wife live in Santiago during the week. Afterall, even Dominican Medical schools require some time to study.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
That is what we are considering. I am with you. I dont WANT her to travel that much either........... She is determined to do this and we can't "practically" move. I can't leave the business, no incomes , no university............. So we are trying to find something that works .......