FERRETERO LINARES! I SALUTE YOU! [long post]

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
* background: I live in POP; I want to refinish the exterior of my house, with a local stone named "Caliza" - very pretty. I shopped around. Lowest price? Centro Ferretero Linanres, Cabarete [571-0272], on the main highway, right hand side, driving from Sosua, easy to see, huge sign. Lower prices than Santiago? In Cabarete?
* I & my Dominican paramour drive from POP to Cabatere, on 24april 06, a minor & expensive nuisance; we find 'Linares' w/o any problem; there is a huge lumberyard & stone 'shop' beyond the main hardware store building. We visit the yard, look around, kick some tires, compare 5 - 7 - 9 varieties of stone; we select 35 M2 of Caliza, a lot.
* I try to buy it. No credit cards accepted. The cashier speaks directly next to the usual plastic, retail sign advertising MasterCard, Visa, etc.? Why no credit cards? Response - unintelligible! I pay cash; the same price quoted on the phone; delivery, Cabarete to POP is 700 P extra. I paid , 13,825 P, cash. The cashier says the stone will be delivered in POP in 1 day, the next day?
* 25 April 06, the next day, arrives; 9:00 AM. The dump truck with the stone rolls up the driveway of my house. They found it! 3 laborers & a driver accompany the truck. The driver asks where we want the stone, a lot, placed on our property? Ans: @ 60' - 70' from the driveway. The driver sits down on his ample ass, in DR fashion & does nothing for an hour; the 3 workers carry the large, some very large, stones carefully by hand from the driveway to the desired storage area. Then, the laborers swept out the truck, safing the smaller stones for our use. Took @ 1 hour.
* Morals of the story: I was speechless! I still am! With all the DR merchants & tradesman I have dealt with, many - an overwhelming majority, in my opinion - are not punctual, are rude, are nearly totally irresponsible, & completely lacking in customer satisfaction. I usually end up angry, frustrated, & with @ 2 3/4 oz of stomach acid after this type of experience!
* Linares? I salute you! I could not have received better service from Saks 5th Ave., Bergdorf Goodman, nor Wal-Mart. You demonstatated customer service at its non-DR best. Any American business would be proud of the standrds you have set. Suggestion: get a web site.
* I am grateful & publicly want to thank you. Why are positive posts like this so rare on DR1? I was overwhelmed with Hispanic graditude! Were the workers [3] tipped? A fair question.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Me too

I have done business with Maria on several occassions.

She is eager to get your business and very well organized and aggressive in a good way !

They will do well !