Dental Hygiene jobs - Puerto Plata, Cofresi, Costambar

deecat3

Apr 1, 2006
Hi!
Are there any dental hygienists in these areas in dental clinics or schools, I would possibly be interested in volunteering also.....I am Canadian hygienist with 23 years experience, (I would definitely need to take a spanish language course too!!!!!)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly is by far the best qualified person to respond to your question. I'm sure you will be hearing from him very soon.

deecat3

Apr 1, 2006
Thanks for your prompt reply Ken!
Hopefully I will hear from Hillbilly soon! Take Care!

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
deecat3, I recall from your other thread that you will be visiting in June for a couple of weeks.....are you thinking of volunteering during your 2 week vacation or are you thinking about something longer term?

I was also going to suggest helping out in the dental clinic for the poor dominican kids that's opening up on the north coast as luzcace mentions. I am not sure when this is going to be up and running though, luzcace do you know?

Daydream

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Deecat, when in June will you be in Puerto Plata? There will be a large dental clinic running at that time and I might be able to get you involved with that. The plans are to have a separate room just for prophys and sealants.

deecat3

Apr 1, 2006
Dental Hygienist in Puerto Plata

Hola!
I am going to be firming up the details (condo, flights etc) this coming week, but I hope to be in the Costambar area May 27 to June 10.
I am vacationing at that time, but I would be very interested in speaking with someone who may have some input into a job in a dental clinic if I do decide to come to stay for 6 months in the fall 2006.
The only concern I have is that right now....my Spanish is very, very limited!!!!
( I realize I would need some Spanish lessons before I come in the fall)
Any feedback regarding this is GREATLY appreciated!!! Gracias!

deecat3

Apr 1, 2006
La Profe_1 said:
Deecat, when in June will you be in Puerto Plata? There will be a large dental clinic running at that time and I might be able to get you involved with that. The plans are to have a separate room just for prophys and sealants.

I am just firming up details...but should be in the Costambar area
May 27 to June 10....