They have got to be kidding right?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I just went online to check some travel dates.

Plugged in Jul 19th through the 23rd JFK-STI on Delta.

Came back at $810

ARE THEY KIDDING??? OH MY GOODNESSS.

I mean if it's Christmas I would understand but summer two months away from now? Come on!!!

See for yourself:

wvxrmf.jpg

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Oye ..

Yo', I purchased my tickets back in January and paid only $274.00 to travel in July.. Smart move, HUH?:bunny:

corazonpartioamor

Apr 28, 2006
jet blue

I am not American, but from what i heard Jet blue flies into Santiago daily from New York. and good rates i heard.

i considered doing it one time when the rate was 49.00us. but from toronto its a bit stressful.

we are lucky that we have charters to the island daily and ususally at good rates..

good luck with it.

www.jetblue.com

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Corazon thanks for the Jet Blue options. I try to fly on Delta only as much as I can. I've never flown JB because of their schedule. I haven't flown AA since December of 2004 and don't intend to either.

corazonpartioamor

Apr 28, 2006
jet blue

well if you can save money on jet blue i guess its worth it. but if you get points on delta i guess you have to weigh out your options.

suerte.

i wish i was planning a trip there, i miss my people....aye mi corazon

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Must be some sort of computer error. Ckecked same dates on Expedia and AA has lots of round trip flights for about $450

Jun 5, 2004
Delta is throwing their prices up high to see who buys them but once they see that everyone is going to American and JetBlue because of prices they are going to go down.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Delta is obviously more expensive, but you can get the price down a bit. I searched here: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/ and got a price of $696 for departure one day sooner and different flight times.

Don't know if it helps, but it is an option.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you for the info, i will foward this to my friends over the latin american region Dept. And i will check back with you.

I just came back from Santo Domingo Today, Flight left ontime .
Atlanta-Santo Domingo Load factor so far 87%....but we need a 97% to break even....

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I am back, the reason of that fare is the flt is complete full and they are selling those fare to hight vs AA wich is about 450.00usd.
Its seem that a travel agency has part of the plane full with a group.

Jun 5, 2004
Well Latino not that I have anything against you or Delta ( I actually like Delta) but the high fares are all over the place while AA has them much more lower.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Latino,

Same thing happens when I do Jul 12 through the 16th. What's going on man? Man o man I don't want to fly AA.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
apdomini100max said:
Well Latino not that I have anything against you or Delta ( I actually like Delta) but the high fares are all over the place while AA has them much more lower.

Its ok..i really agreed with you, but thats what they told me..that that day flt is been full and the lower fares has been taken for a group.

I already complaint about it........
let see what happend next.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
aviastar said:
Fly with AA, you will be ontime and transported by the proud memeber of One World alliance

I befriended a dominican bartender working at JFK (T8) and she claims most flights to DR do not leave ontime. She hears lots of complaints ! I've had one late departure - that's all !

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
apdomini100max said:
Aviastar not that I dont fly AA but they have all sorts of problems.

I fly, at least, 20-30 segments every year (only AA) and other than a few (like 3-5 every year due to misconnections, late departures and the occasional unfriendly FA's but this is a given with any airline).

If I was flying without status, that would be another thing ! Because without FC check-in, Admirals Club entrance, upgrades to FC/BC, and exit row seating, I would hate flying.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
corazonpartioamor said:
well if you can save money on jet blue i guess its worth it. but if you get points on delta i guess you have to weigh out your options.

As a tourist is Jet Blue worth the inconvience of having to travel in the middle of the night?