Huge Project in Playa Coson ???.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Hi Folks,

Word has it that there is a new hotel project for Las Terenas. 1000 (YIKE'S !!) rooms going in on the Playa Coson. Has anybody heard anything that confirms this ??. Thanks and have a nice afternoon,
CG

SamGompers

Mar 14, 2004
I can't say that I've seen blueprints . . but when I visited Las Terrenas last summer for two weeks . . .there was work going on over a huge stretch of territory between Playa Ballenas and Playa Bonita . . the plans - - including a golf course - - looked immense but the progress appeared very very slow . .

shuffine

Jan 17, 2006
The golf course is "on again"....

do not know about the 1000 room hotel in Coson...am going there next week (end of) and will check...but do not remember anything that big in Coson....as a matter of fact I think some building that was going on has been put on hold because of environmental concerns.

i did get word that a group has bought a huge tract of land near Limon for the purpose of buiding a resort.

sh

dontuseEltour

Feb 2, 2003
We were in LT over Easter and did a lot of driving around the Coson area, when you pass the Wyndham turn off and stay on the gravel road rather than the new blacktop you will pass an abandoned resort that is very large ,Could someone be moving back into it? Is this what your talking about? Or is there plans for before the Wyndham.
The beach is great here but very rough would be great for surfing , we like the ocean a little unpridictable but i know most don't so i wouldn't think it would make it as a resort area. Probablly why the one we saw was shut down.
Just passing on what we saw.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
1000 rooms hotel does not make much sense on Coson or even LT. An investement of that magnitude could only be performed by a large hotel chain and LT does not have the access infrastructure (airport, roads, power of course, ...) to attract those.
the golf course project is moving forward and they have sold about 10% of the project (phase I) during their launch in SD. Phase II should start soon.
the marina project is sort of moving forward. it will have a hotel on Playa Ballenas but only 200 rooms, not 1000.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
1000 rooms

A Thousand rooms dosn't make sense anywhere in my book, especially Coson. Maybe (hopefully) it's just words, a grapevine kinda thing going on in the area. Moving on,, more words/grapevine in the area is that the abandoned hotel mentioned in the earlier post has been bought by Wyndam, Have looked at Wyndam sights but have found no mention of it, anybody got any news on that ??.
CG

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
windham already owns a hotel on coson. the abandoned hotel is on baletta beach, not close enough or the windham to use it as an extension. swiss investors have been buying anything they can find on baletta beach so my guess is that the hotel is probably another one of their acquisition.