does AA charges extra tax if you book a flight with a DR credit card?

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
I booked three flights with the same fare. When I made the reservation, it said that the total including taxes was $700.90. When I paid, I used a credit card with the billing address in U.S, and two credit cards with the billing address in the DR. When I got the receipt and e-ticket confirmation, they charged extra 77 dollars to the DR credit cards. They don't notify you this charge until you purchase the flight and get the receipt 1 hour later. God Bless American Airlines, "We know why you fly"!.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Wowwwwwwwww this is very interesting.

Have you tried contacting their customer service line? 800 433-7300

Or by email? There is a little link on top of their site that says contact AA. I've used this in the past for several reasons and they get back to you within 24 hours.

Best of luck on this one and keep us posted. It would be interesting to learn about this as I've never heard of this and I'm sure others haven't.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
it must be error or something, they don?t charge actually for it. But if you fly from US and pay with dominican card they can charge you 16% ITBIS tax, which is a law here, may be this is the problem. 16% of the fare basis, not total

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
Actually, they said that your tax is calculated depending on the billing address, so If the billing address is on the DR, they charge you the 16% ITBIS and some extra taxes that can appl.