Puerto plata airport and caribe tours

Mongoose

Jan 30, 2004
Hi have just bought my ticket to come back to the DR this summer, the cheapest option was to fly gatwick uk to puerto plata.

Can anybody tell me how easy it is to get from the airport to the caibe tours bus station as I will be going straight down to hererra in S.D.

Just a rough guide
Thanks
Hannah

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Mongoose said:
Hi have just bought my ticket to come back to the DR this summer, the cheapest option was to fly gatwick uk to puerto plata.

Can anybody tell me how easy it is to get from the airport to the caibe tours bus station as I will be going straight down to hererra in S.D.

Just a rough guide
Thanks
Hannah
Taxis from POP airport to Sosua's Caribe Tour Bus station, cost $20 US.
Just out of curiosity, why are you going to Herrera?
You do know that the airport there is closed, don't you?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Even if it were open, or if he is actually going to the new airport, I can't imagine why you would need to take a bus the entire N-S length of the country to catch a flight from there. To where? I'm guessing the OP has other reasons to go to the Herrera area in SD. Straighten us out mongoose, my curiosity is piqued.

Mongoose

Jan 30, 2004
The answer to your curiosity!

Thanks for your answer guys

I am not going to herrera airport you are quite right, I used to live and work in Herrera, Buenos Aires to be more specific so am heading back to visit friends I never made it up to the north coast whilst i was in dr, all work and no play! so wasnt sure how the trip down was.

But flights to santo domingo are so expensive and require at least two stops from the uk so this was the cheaper option.

Thanks for all your help
Hannah

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you travel light you can lug your luggage out to the front entrance of the airport where you can always catch public transport for about US$1 to downtown Puerto Plata where the Caribe Tours station is.