Bogus DaVinci Code

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Not sure whether this belongs under the "DaVinci Code in DR" thread or the "Pendejo" one, but I fell for it.

As reported in DR1 news today there is a video circulating the internet which I happily downloaded purporting to be the "The DaVinci Code" but is in fact a boring documentary with true facts in it and stuff.

(sigh) Damn pirates let me down. n00bs.

Maybe I'll watch it if I get real bored. Work is hectic right now though so I doubt it.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
I downloaded the same crap, so don't feel bad.
AZB
I was going to but "Luckily" I read the comments first. Should be out in a week of so. Let's keep in touch.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
A guy came by my barrio selling it for 80 pesos so I bought it. Comes in a nice little case and says it's the movie. Needless to say it isn't. Next week I'll tell him a lie like he did me and I'll say it doesn't work and switch it for a different movie.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Only comes by every Sunday so must wait till then. He lives in another town and I don't know where.

Edited to add;
That's tomorrow so I shouldn't have said next week. Sorry. I've never had problems trading films with him before when I have run into a bad one every once in a while.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I hope I dont see any of you contributing to piracy and buying a genuine pirated :pirate: The Da Vinci Code movie DVD at tomorrow's Sunday morning flee market (pulga) at the corner of Ave. Luper?n and Ave. 30 de Mayo?...

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Mirador said:
I hope I dont see any of you contributing to piracy and buying a genuine pirated :pirate: The Da Vinci Code movie DVD at tomorrow's Sunday morning flee market (pulga) at the corner of Ave. Luper?n and Ave. 30 de Mayo?...
Get one for me. Only to preview it. I promise to buy an original when they come out.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I never buy the pirated version, only the original pirated version.
AZB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
I never buy the pirated version, only the original pirated version.
AZB
I'll let you know when an original becomes available. In the mean time I've downloaded the ebook of the Code and have started to listen to it. Very intriging. I'm also downloading "Angels and demonds". Hope to have the time to listen to them both before the movie.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
you can listen to books? I have both of his ebooks but didn't know you could listen to it.
AZB

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
You download the MP3's of the book being read by some frustrated actor or else use one of those programs that read text in an annoying robot voice like the one that tells you what time it is whedn you call that number in the states.