Traveling to Santiago in Dec

Yesenia1

May 5, 2006
I am traveling to Santiago in December for the holidays. I am looking for an apartment holiday rental (2 weeks). Any advise? Does anyone know where I can find a listing of apartments that will be available for rental during the holidays? or can anyone recommend a nice hotel like El Gran Amirante? I am willing to stay at a hotel no more than 30 minutes away from Santiago as. Please help?

Life is Beautiful

Mar 17, 2006
Yesenia, besides El Gran Almirante, you have El Platino (Ave Estrella Sadhala) and El Aloha Sol (Calle El Sol) - they are about the same price $52 dollars.....My experience is that El Aloha Sol is nicer than El Platino and is conveniently located near everything.......But wacht out .....if you like to sleep late ask the manager to give you a back room because the early traffic will wake you up.

Yesenia1

May 5, 2006
Thanks for the information. Do you or anyone know of houses for rent (2 week rental) or an apartment in Santiago?

BackInTheUSA

May 31, 2005
I don't know if HB contacted you yet, but he has a nice apartment/bed and breakfast. My boyfriend and I just got back from the D.R. We flew in and out of Santiago and stayed there 2 nights.

If I were going to be there for 2 weeks, I would definitely consider staying there. HB and his wife are very hospitable, and will help you out if you have any questions about how to get some place, where to eat, etc. There's a kitchen, 2 bedrooms (with a.c.), cable, and hot water for the shower. It's also in a neighborhood that reminds me of Bella Vista in Sto Dgo... I enjoyed staying there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks, BackInTheUSA, we surely do appreciatethe good review.:p:p

I will say that apartment rentals for two weeks are as close to being unheard of as you can go, here in Santiago.

Depending on your dates, you might be able to house/apartment sit but that will require some real detective work, since I have never, ever, seen an ad for this.

Let me know.

HB :D:D:D