Pressure pad alarm

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
I am looking for an alarm system that works when you tread on a pressure pad (hidden under a door mat).

Basically, I need something that will alert me when someone comes in the door - like they have in many shops in the UK. I don't want to set a full blown alarm off - just a beep beep will do.

I have searched places like Ochoa and Bellon and have looked on the internet but am not having much luck.

Any ideas?

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
Mmmmmm

It looks like just the thing but I can't understand a word of it! German is not my strong point and I don't know anyone who can translate!!!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I've had good success with wireless radio frequency remote doorbells. They basically consist of a small box with a button which acts like a transmitter, and another box with a chime (bell) that acts like the receiver. They are battery operated and some units can be placed several hundred feet apart... One of my units is hidden in a hallowed out tree stump... The button is activated by a flexible piece of inner tube which stretches and presses the button when the gate is opened.... it is totally invisible, and the unit is protected from the elements by a thin plastic bag. When the gate is opened a chime rings in the main hut, about 250 feet away. I have others..., including in my apartment in SD. The wireless radio frequency remote transmitter hidden in the doormat is an old trick, did you get it from control secret agent 86 Maxwell Smart? ... ;-)

-

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
Sounds very complicated for a simple girl like wot I am!!!!!! But out of interest, can I buy it here?

I don't need it to be a hidden device - I just need something to tell me when someone has opened the door.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Nikki Simon said:
Sounds very complicated for a simple girl like wot I am!!!!!! But out of interest, can I buy it here?

I don't need it to be a hidden device - I just need something to tell me when someone has opened the door.

a chihuahua will do... ;-)

-

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've got a couple of small motion detectors that I bought at Radio Shack. When somebody passes in front, it either chimes or sounds an alarm. If you can't find it here, you can order it on the internet. Easily obtained from a varierty of sources and not expensive.