jobs and living in puerto plata

sarahwatton

May 3, 2006
I am currently looking for employment and living in puerto plata. I currently speak English and basic French. I am currently learning the spanish language. I have worked in retail, hotels in waitressing and housekeeping. I have worked in banking and offices dealing with complaints and looking after my own team. Please can someone provide me with some details regarding these issues please.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
In the absence of more helpful & practical/direct advice to your plight than I give here sarahwatton, may I suggest you go in to the 'SEARCH' facility & check out the archives, do a search on "Moving to the DR", "Relocating", "Finding a home/rental place", "Jobs in the DR", "Cost of living" ........... & all the variations on these that you can think of. That way you will learn quite a bit more about the country & the difficulties you are about to encounter by moving here!

Is it worth it in the end???? You bet it is, .......... IF you know what you are doing & can adapt to the totally different lifestyle.
Can you survive here on your savings for 6 months whilst looking for a job? (You might not find one immediately & IF you do, it will doubtless be a low paid one because ALL wages are low here!!). I would suggest 6,000 Pounds Sterling (US $10,000) would be the minimum required to last you 6 months!

Once you have studied, read & inwardly digested the information held in the archives (two weeks solid reading at least!!), come back with more specific questions AND quite a bit more invformation about yourself (Age, marital status, children, experience, number of times you have visted the DR, REASON for wanting to come, .............) & I am sure others will join in with me to answer your needs!

Best luck ~ Grahame.