Lu_Lu

Apr 25, 2006
Hi Everyone!!!
This is my first time posting on this site so hopefully i'll do it right. I will start off by apologizing because i know you here this question all the time. I was on vacation in the D.R over a month ago in hopes to have some fun & maybe find a job needless to say job search didn't go to well (got to lazy LOL) Anyhow here i go, on my first night at an AI i met this guy we had a really good time went to a club had a few drinks (he actually bought me a few) but having heard about the guys down there I really new this wasn't gonna go anywhere i just thought we'll have fun for a week & then i go home and thats the end of that. Well the whole week we hung out when he wasn't working and we really had a blast. Now my question of coarse is how do i know if he's a sankie? He always paid when we went out, Never asked me for a dime, On my last night he did want me to go with him but i said no and he was totally fine with that, he was very respectfull while i was there in every way possible. Now that i'm back home we talk on a daily basis and asks me all the time when i'm moving down there. I really have nothing to lose cause i'm not one of those stupid girls cause as soon as he asks me for a dime if he ever does i will never speak to him again. Please give me some advice don't know whether to believe him or not after all the stuff i've read on this site. Thanx!

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Weird, first you say you have nothing to lose because once he starts to ask for money you'll dump him, but you also are asking us to determine if he's believable or not ?

Let's see.. You say that he was respectful in every way possible (meaning that you guys didn't have sex ???) and of course you guys are talking on a daily basis, and he's asking you (after meeting you one week) to move to the DR.

Think about it ! Doesn't sound good..

Bailarinagirl

Feb 26, 2006
You can't know someone in a couple of weeks so just be cool. Stay friends and if you go back again, see what happens. ( Don't rush back to see him again he'll know you're desperate.) The unfortunate thing is he see's women week-in, week-out and whatever he said and did with you MIGHT now be happening with another new arrival. ( Just think about it, I doubt he's sitting at home celibate, emailing you, not with his life-style??) When the 'holiday' novility wear's off you will see things more clearly. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
time will tell

Bailarinagirl said:
You can't know someone in a couple of weeks so just be cool. Stay friends and if you go back again, see what happens. ( Don't rush back to see him again he'll know you're desperate.) The unfortunate thing is he see's women week-in, week-out and whatever he said and did with you MIGHT now be happening with another new arrival. ( Just think about it, I doubt he's sitting at home celibate, emailing you, not with his life-style??) When the 'holiday' novility wear's off you will see things more clearly. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

True....Eventually their true colours come out, give it some time (couple of months.... if it lasts that long). What your gut is telling you is no lie.

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
If you came on a public forum to ask about him--then you ALREADY know the answer to your own question... just be brave enough to go with what your gut is telling you...

Your story sounds all too familiar... for that reason, as others have said.. take it easy and I would say remain just long distance friends (but don't waste a lot of money calling him). Trust me, even though you SAY as soon as he asks you for a dime you're outta there... but these guys are very convincing and who knows what horse $hit he will come up with. :surprised

If you want specifics from other women... why don't you share what hotel he works at etc.... more than likely, others will know him, or have been with him and can pm you the details of their affairs...

Time will certainly tell all...

tick tock baby... :bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
now he is doing the exact same thing to another girl (girls). He calls them too. This is all they do everyday.
AZB

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Lu_Lu said:
He always paid when we went out, Never asked me for a dime,

Almost without question he paid with money he got from some other unsuspecting tourist. To him it's simply an investment that pays off more often than not.

As for how to tell if he's a Sankie, use the search function above and you'll find lots of information.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Lu_Lu said:
Hi Everyone!!!
This is my first time posting on this site so hopefully i'll do it right. I will start off by apologizing because i know you here this question all the time. I was on vacation in the D.R over a month ago in hopes to have some fun & maybe find a job needless to say job search didn't go to well (got to lazy LOL) Anyhow here i go, on my first night at an AI i met this guy we had a really good time went to a club had a few drinks (he actually bought me a few) but having heard about the guys down there I really new this wasn't gonna go anywhere i just thought we'll have fun for a week & then i go home and thats the end of that. Well the whole week we hung out when he wasn't working and we really had a blast. Now my question of coarse is how do i know if he's a sankie? He always paid when we went out, Never asked me for a dime, On my last night he did want me to go with him but i said no and he was totally fine with that, he was very respectfull while i was there in every way possible. Now that i'm back home we talk on a daily basis and asks me all the time when i'm moving down there. I really have nothing to lose cause i'm not one of those stupid girls cause as soon as he asks me for a dime if he ever does i will never speak to him again. Please give me some advice don't know whether to believe him or not after all the stuff i've read on this site. Thanx!

Hi there and welcome to DR1.

Next time, may you please divide your large paragraph into two or three of them? It will make it much easier for us to read it.

Thank you.

P.S. Read the threads here to get a better idea. Good luck.

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
My advice is dont be fooled!!! they are very good at what they do ...... if he works in a Resorts most chances are that he is a sankie........ Be friends for now and just see where things go but dont put ure life on hold .
Share his hotel and name trust me people here know a lot of people and will be honnest with u , they will let u know if hes a good guy or bad!

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
It truly is only you who can decipher whether or not he is a sankie, unfortunately, the odds are not in your favour that he isn't looking for something from you.

I have been in your situation, twice. In both cases, we had TONS of fun, they were also very respectful and weren't looking for handouts (at least, not yet). BUT.. they were both absolutely sankies!!

Some of them are just better at hiding it than others.

Are you paying for these daily phone calls?

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
I don't follow?

I guess I should clarify, that I knew they were sankies before I even came home. I didn't come home wondering, I figured it out during my vacation. The first time was a bit harder, because I had no idea what a sankie was at that point. I learned very quickly! The second time, I had my eyes open and watched it unfold. I'm not bitter, nor heartbroken, nor do I think all Dominican men are this way.

I am pretty biased in thinking most, if not all animacion are sankies though!

Last edited:

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
blitz said:
I am pretty biased in thinking most, if not all animacion are sankies though!

I agree with this statement.. from what I've seen--it seems that MOST (but not ALL) animacion workers are sankies... but ya, I know this isn't news ... :ermm:

Lu_Lu

Apr 25, 2006
Thanx for your advice everyone!

M'frog really though i'm not dumb and i don't care who in his family is sick or dying he won't get anything from me.

I did go gown there knowing what to expect. Really i'm not totally in love with this guy & i'm not putting my life on hold for him after all who knows him...

I guess i was just curious on what other people thought & that's why I posted this site. Oh well! but thanks again.