Help, Where To Stay & Party In Puerto Plata W/ The Boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeedone

May 8, 2006
I Am Travelling To Puerto Plata For 5 Days In The End Of June With 3 Guys. We Are All Single And In Our 20's, I Have Never Been To Puerto Plata And I Wanted To See If Anyone Could Recomend A Good Hotel For Guys Our Age. Looking For A Good Night Life Spot And The Opportunity To Meet Local Woman. If Anyone Could Give Me Some Good Advice I Would Greatly Appreciate It, They Are To Many Hotels And I Can't Make Heads Or Tails Out Of It...

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Just remember that most of the hotels are All-Inclusive hotels which are not guest friendly. Therefore you won't get much head or tail out of it. I would suggest that you redirect you vacation to Sosua, about 20 minutes to the East. Much better nightlife for the single male.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Unquestionably, Sosua is a better choice than Puerto Plata.
People often refer to Puerto plata, as that's the name of the airport in our area, but Puerto Plata as a town would not interest you.
What are your requirements & budget for a hotel?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
skeedone...
seriously consider Cabarete, too. about 25 minutes east of the airport. a very cool town with bars/restaurants/discos on the beach. a definite party place with people your age.
what's your budget?
consider kaoba & cita del sol hotels if on a budget
consider villa taina or palm beach condos if mid-range price okay... you'll be 2 minute walk from the heart of the action.

skeedone

May 8, 2006
im flying into santiago, but besides that im pretty opened to where is stay. my budget is probably $100-$150 a night per person. i want a spring break atmoshphere as much as possible.

mapevilc

May 8, 2006
Thats a lot of dollars per person per night. Have a look at Europa Hotel or Rocky's both in Sosua

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
skeedone said:
im flying into santiago, but besides that im pretty opened to where is stay. my budget is probably $100-$150 a night per person. i want a spring break atmoshphere as much as possible.

If you didn't buy your ticket yet than fly into POP. $100-$150 is that for the hotel room or hotel and spending money? I usually use $150 a day as a guideline for hotel, food, beverage and entertainment.

Erase Puerto Plato out of your mind and start looking into Sosua, Cabarete, Costambar.

skeedone

May 8, 2006
sorry, i stand corrected we were looking to spend $100-$150 per night per room, not per person. everyone from new york who has been to dr has never mentioned sosua to me as a spot to see. i still want to be on the main beat and path, but i dont want to be surrounded by 40 somethings with their annoying kids. hopefully this can redirect your advice, i am just concerned about being isolated in a less popular spot (sosua) or i could be wrong, for the 5 days...

skeedone

May 8, 2006
i thought that the playa dorado complex in puerto plata would be a good spot, but now you guys are telling me no. i want to book the hotel as soon as possible. once again, we are 4 guys all single in our 20's, honestly im sure the boys want some hookers, booze and everything else in between. where should i go guys? i have been to every other island in the carribean just not dr.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
The above posters recommend "SOSUA", so that is where you want to go, all the action you guys can stand.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Playa Dorado complex hotels are absolutely what you do not want. The Waterfront Hotel or Hotel Europa, both in Sosua are exactly what you want.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

skeedone

May 8, 2006
looking more into sosua and i got
" Nightlife outside the hotel
People used to say that Sosua got up when Puerto Plata sleeps. But do not expect much from Sosua nightlife anymore, with less than a handful of night spots remaining."

so whats the real deal here guys? where is the pary spot i.e. (cancun) of dominican republic and where should i stay there

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
skeedone said:
looking more into sosua and i got
" Nightlife outside the hotel
People used to say that Sosua got up when Puerto Plata sleeps. But do not expect much from Sosua nightlife anymore, with less than a handful of night spots remaining."

so whats the real deal here guys? where is the pary spot i.e. (cancun) of dominican republic and where should i stay there
On second thought, it seems that you may be too cautious and reserved for Sosua. We've already given you an almost unanimous opinion. BTW Yery rarely is there a thread on DR1 that has so litttle difference of opinions.

skeedone

May 8, 2006
i am not to cautious, i just get away once a year and it always seems that the first place you go to on an island sometimes turns out to be the wrong choice. i am just afraid that i get to sosua and that it we will be in too much of a local area and that the area will be geared to much to locals and not tourists? if i am incorrect please correct me. once again i truly appreciate all you advice. i just don't want to make a mistake, i am used to the nice places in puerto rico and the hyatt in aruba, as well as other similar resorts. i have never been to dr and i just want to experience the great nighlife and woman, while still remianing a tourist.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Maybe you belong in an ALL INCLUSIVE in Punta Cana!

Last edited:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
skeedone said:
i am not to cautious, i just get away once a year and it always seems that the first place you go to on an island sometimes turns out to be the wrong choice. i am just afraid that i get to sosua and that it we will be in too much of a local area and that the area will be geared to much to locals and not tourists? if i am incorrect please correct me. once again i truly appreciate all you advice. i just don't want to make a mistake, i am used to the nice places in puerto rico and the hyatt in aruba, as well as other similar resorts. i have never been to dr and i just want to experience the great nighlife and woman, while still remianing a tourist.
If you are expecting the quality of a Hyatt, you will be very disappointed. Sosua is Sosua. It is what it is. It is a beach town, with a mix of tourists, expats and locals. What it lacks in glitz, is more than compensated by the life in paradise that it offers. The type of trip that you describe is what Sosua is noted for. The only way you could have the Sosua experience at a Hyatt would be with a $500 a night room and a $1000 an hour companion. Loosen up a little. We have nothing to gain by steering you wrong.

skeedone

May 8, 2006
please don't get frustrated with me, last question. so sosua is the place to be? is it all locals or is it still touristy? i am as white as can be and only one of us speaks spanish, is this still the right place for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.