Will I be able to keep uo to date with World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukmdb

May 10, 2006
Hola cada uno, ( My first attempt at trying spanish LOL.)

First can I say what a great place this is, I have been browsing for days now and have picked up on so much thanks to everyone on these forums.

My first post is about the world cup, Sorry it's not much more interesting to you none football fans.

I am taking my holiday this year in Cofresi and staying at the EMI Sun Village Resort for my 10th Anniversary and am truly looking forward to it (just hope it is as nice as what people say it is there)

The problem is, The euro and world cup always falls on our Anniversary and it has become our religion not to miss any of our home county (England) playing.
Where would be the best place to go and watch the game with a good atmosphere, I believe there is a sports bar in sasoua? but how far would this be and is it easily reachable by taxi?

Many thanks for any input from all.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Hola UKmdb and welcome :classic:

I have never stayed at Sun Village myself but I know people who have done and some of them rate it as the best resort in the area so I am sure you with have a great time.

As for places to watch the football, yes there is a sports bar in Sosua called Eddy's where you can go to to watch the games. There is sure to be a big crowd and good atmosphere. Sosua will be about a 40/45 min drive from your hotel going westward along the north coast.

Alternatively you could take a taxi to Playa Dorada in Puerto Plata which will take around 10/15 mins from where you are. Here you have Hemmingways and Roadways (two American style diner/bars) and they both have projector screens for big matches. They will no doubt be busy too and have a good atmosphere. There is also a small bar called Any's Bar in between the two others in the plaza in Playa Dorada where they will be showing the footie. It's a small place but drinks are cheaper and atmosphere is good.....

Enjoy your trip!
Daydream

ukmdb

May 10, 2006
This is why places like Dr1 is so speciall and great, An instant response and with a selection of choices I never even knew about.

Many thanks Daydream and to DR1

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
The Beautiful Game

I am going to Puerto Plata for week on Monday and will watching the Champion's League Final at Eddy's bar in Sousa. I will let you know what it is like.

I will hopefully be meeting up with like minded other Brits there to whilst watching Arsenal beat Barca !!!!!!

I will be moving to DR for good on 19th June and am dreading missing all my footy. Maybe we could arrange a small England supporters club for the world cup where we can watch the games together for moral support. God willing it will every game til we reach the final.

Daydream is right Any Bar in the Plaza at Playa Dorada is an excellent place to watch footy - good atmosphere and drinks are cheaper than Hemmingways !!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"As for places to watch the football, yes there is a sports bar in Sosua called Eddy's where you can go to to watch the games. There is sure to be a big crowd and good atmosphere. Sosua will be about a 40/45 min drive from your hotel going westward along the north coast." he/she meant "east" ....

If you follow these directions, you will end up in Navarrete or Santiago!!:p:p:p

Not to worry! Both places have ESPN and will provide venues to watch the games.

I am fairly certain that the cable service right there in Cofres? will provide coverage. Espn has announced that they will provide all 64 games of the World Cup. May 17 at 2:30 is supposed to be the UEFA Finals.

As far as the places recommended...they are all very nice locales to watch good sports activities. Eddy's is by far the best, IMO>:p:p

HB :D:D

ukmdb

May 10, 2006
luzcace said:
Go to Chris and Mady's restaurant to watch all games, a few minutes walk from your hotel

luzcace,
Do you have directions to here, I would certainly like to be able to visit other places outside the complex that is not to far in walking distance, But think I have my heart set on Eddy's as everyone rave's about it so much.

I may even spend the day at Sosua, It will be something different.

ukmdb

May 10, 2006
I will be in DR on the 12th June for 2 fab weeks so will be able to catch the games on the 15th and 20th poss even a second round game.

Does anyone know if Eddy's has air conditioning? I can imagine the place beeing packed and with the games being played at 20:00GMT it will be hot in the mid afternoon here in DR.

Hey crazydaisy,
think We gonna have to start a brit thread off for a massive get together for the games. You up for it.

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
DR firm lol

Sounds like a plan to me. I will pm when i return from DR and give you the Brit low down on Eddy's.

Here's hoping for a miracle on the Rooney front but for the life of me i cant understand why he hasn't taken either Defoe or Bent in the squad.

So if your a partner a footy fan or just very understanding lol

C

ukmdb said:
I will be in DR on the 12th June for 2 fab weeks so will be able to catch the games on the 15th and 20th poss even a second round game.

Does anyone know if Eddy's has air conditioning? I can imagine the place beeing packed and with the games being played at 20:00GMT it will be hot in the mid afternoon here in DR.

Hey crazydaisy,
think We gonna have to start a brit thread off for a massive get together for the games. You up for it.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
ukmdb said:
luzcace,
Do you have directions to here, I would certainly like to be able to visit other places outside the complex that is not to far in walking distance, But think I have my heart set on Eddy's as everyone rave's about it so much.

I may even spend the day at Sosua, It will be something different.
The directions from your hotel to Chris and Mady's are: Walk down the hill from your hotel to the beach. Make a left, follow the road about three blocks. It is the thatch roof restaurant on the left with the sign "Chris & Mady's". 5 minute walk. Chris is a Canadian expat, married to Mady, a Dominican. They are great people. Atmosphere is relaxed and food is very good. Prices are moderate.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Eddy?s has no AC, but no other place has it either. You will like Eddy?s. He has all the games and you will have plenty of people to argue football with.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Hillbilly said:
"As for places to watch the football, yes there is a sports bar in Sosua called Eddy's where you can go to to watch the games. There is sure to be a big crowd and good atmosphere. Sosua will be about a 40/45 min drive from your hotel going westward along the north coast." he/she meant "east" ....

If you follow these directions, you will end up in Navarrete or Santiago!!:p:p:p

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: good spot Hillbilly!

Status
Not open for further replies.