Accommodation in Higuey

UK-DR

May 11, 2006
Hi there everyone I recently stayed in an AI in Bavaro and went on a day trip to Higuey. I would like to visit Higuey again and spend the night there, can anyone tell me the names of any hotels local to the Basilica? I want a nice but basic place. Just a bed for the night, no breakfast etc as I would prefer to dine out. Also I know where in Bavaro to get the bus but how do I know which is the right bus? Does it have the destination on the front or a number?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
UK-DR said:
Hi there everyone I recently stayed in an AI in Bavaro and went on a day trip to Higuey. I would like to visit Higuey again and spend the night there, can anyone tell me the names of any hotels local to the Basilica? I want a nice but basic place. Just a bed for the night, no breakfast etc as I would prefer to dine out. Also I know where in Bavaro to get the bus but how do I know which is the right bus? Does it have the destination on the front or a number?

There is a reasonable hotel near the Basilica, The Don Carlos, phone: (809) 554-2713.

The large coaches with the "SITRABAPU" legend on them will be the expresses to Higuey from Bavaro. The smaller coaches are local transport or the non-express with many local stops enroute to Higuey. If you have any doubts just ask the people waiting or ask the driver when the coach stops. I believe the fare is around RD$ 55-60.

You may acquire the return coach to Bavaro on Av Libertad across the street from the Shell gas station in the commercial district. It is within walking distance from the basilica.

Regards,
PJT