From Sto. Domingo airport to hotel

Silvia

Mar 31, 2006
I?m going to sto.domingo next week. Anybody knows how can I do to go from the airport to Barcelo Hotel in Santo Domingo, is there any public bus for this trip.
I?m arriving on thursday at 11 PM.
Thank you
Silvia

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Unfortunately.......no. The taxi unions have politically blocked mass transit from accessing the airport. A cab to SD will cost about 30-35 USD. The only option, if you are traveling light, would be to either hoof it or take a cab just to the highway and flag down a guagua. This would get you into the city, but not to your hotel of course, but if your Spanish is good enough a friendly local could probably help get you on the right publico. I'd just pay the cab!

Silvia

Mar 31, 2006
Thanks!

sweetdbt said:
Unfortunately.......no. The taxi unions have politically blocked mass transit from accessing the airport. A cab to SD will cost about 30-35 USD. The only option, if you are traveling light, would be to either hoof it or take a cab just to the highway and flag down a guagua. This would get you into the city, but not to your hotel of course, but if your Spanish is good enough a friendly local could probably help get you on the right publico. I'd just pay the cab!

I think I?ll pay the cab. I?m arriving late (11 P.M.). My Spanish is good because I?m argentina, I know people there is very friendly.
Thank for your information
Regards
Silvia