Baltobabes Birthday Bash at Casa Del Mar April 2006

baltobabe

May 11, 2006
Baltobabes birthday bash 2006
April 8th to 15, 2006

Overview
Another wonderful trip to Casa Del Mar! Amazing how it just keeps getting better! From Management team, to staff, to grounds, to beach, to the whole ?Marvelous? package of Casa Del Marvelous.

Check in

Upon arrival I was greeted by some of my Amigos and Amiga?s friends from my many trips before. Just another reason it is ?Casa Del Marvelous? It is definitely the FOLKS that make the difference here! Such happy, wonderful people greeting me back home to Casa Del Mar. Touched my heart and soul!
Room
I was in 3234 one of my favorite rooms at Casa Del Mar a lovely view of both the ocean and the pool. Spectacular for sitting on the balcony in the morning with a great cup of that wonderful Dominican coffee that is provided for you in room coffee maker! What a lovely touch! Thank you CDM!
The rooms that I have had at Casa Del Mar have always been clean, spacious and comfortable! And this one is too! There is a nice large closet with iron and ironing board. A large bathroom that has a tub shower combination with a large vanity and mirror covering on wall. The bathroom door has a full length mirror, another nice touch.
The bed is a king size and very comfortable. Great placement of the TV in a lovely wicker credenza with a remote and it all works to make me very happy! There are night tables on each side of the bed with lamps on each table. There is a writing desk with the ?info book? with all kinds of information and in all kinds of languages to make it easy for the guest to feel right at home at Casa Del Mar!
From here there is a sitting area that is against the wall with a lovely orchid plant on the table between the wicker chairs. A lovely setting and near the large glass doors that open up to the balcony! I LOVE that balcony and view!
The furniture is all light colored and very tropical giving the room a real vacation with casual elegance feel! I feel both at home and at peace in my room at Casa Del Mar!
Food
The FOOD is one of my FAVORITE things about Casa Del Mar! Each meal I have there is such a treat! I look forward to them when I am away and savor them when I am there!
Breakfast at the New World Caf? starts the day with a smile from the happy and smiling wait staff that greets and seats you, to the huge buffet with so many wonderful choices, the omelet guys, the pancake and waffle guys, fresh fruit, side dishes of fried tomatoes or grilled pineapple always changing and always good! And don?t forget those donuts! YUM!
Lunch choices here are many? from the New World Buffet to the Seaside Grill by the Saona Theater and even burgers and such on the beach! My favorite is the Seaside Grill!!! You can find me there every day around 11:45 having either the Calamari of the Catch of the day! BOTH great choices, along with a fresh delicious salad prepared at the salad bar. The wait staff and chefs at the Seaside grill are GREAT! As are all of the food and beverage folks at Casa Del Mar. The view from one of the outside tables just keeps me going back again and again to enjoy my lunches in paradise.
Dinner Choices are many and seem to be ever growing at Casa Del Mar. Of course there is the New World Caf? with different themes every day. Check out the Sundial to see what the theme and cocktail of the day. The Asian, The Seaside Grill by the Saona Theater, DaMarios Italian Restaurant and the Jungle Bar! Try them all! They are great!
Some of my favorites are the Seaside Grill for the Cowboy Combo Platter with the ?orgasmic baby beef? wait until you taste it, you will see what I mean! DaMarios for the grilled seafood platter,mmm, so very good! The jungle bar for the surf and turf and a view of the sunset and ocean and the sand in your toes!
And let?s not forget the desserts both at lunch and dinner! Can I say I LOVE the FLAN! It is just so very delicious! And the Macaroon cookies and pies and cakes and goodies! I always try to save room for at least 1 dessert or maybe a couple! Hehehe!
These are just a few of the wonderful dining experiences that awaiting you at Casa Del Marvelous! ENJOY!
Beach & Pool
I am a BEACH Girl! Love to sit by the Seaside and hear that beautiful Caribbean Sea lapping at the white sand shore of Casa Del Marvelous! For me it doesn?t get any better than that! Except of course when I put my snorkel gear on and go visit my ?fishy friends?! The snorkeling at Casa Del Mar is one of my favorite pastimes I never miss a chance to do some great snorkeling while there! I would advise bringing your own snorkel gear if you like to snorkel! The resorts water sports will loan you equipment for an hour at a time so if you are an avid snorkel person?bring your own!
There is plenty of shade at Casa Del Mar from the many Palyapas and palm trees that line the beach from one end to the other. And plenty of places in the sun if you would rather do that! Again with the choices! So many and wonderful!
The pool is large and beautiful and has plenty of seating both in the shade under some pergola type shade and seats in the sun if that is your pleasure. The bar by the pool is one of my favorites! It has this great tile mosaic of at turtle! Of course the turtle is one of the logos of the SUNscape properties and you will find him all around! LOVE the TURTLE! LOVE Casa Del Marvelous!
Spa
Ah the Spa! Now I could go on and on about Metamorphosis! It is just another one of the many reasons my heart resides at Casa Del Marvelous! There are two Spas, the Main Spa is located past the lobby to the right as you walk the pathway you will see it and it is BEAUTIFUL through and through from the lovely calm reception area, to the beautifully appointed spa rooms, the talented and lovely ladies who take you to the next level of relaxation, beyond the Main Spa Building are the gardens and the Jacuzzi and some outdoor buildings that are for treatments also. What a lovely layout they have. And so much beauty!

As if that is not enough there is the EcoSpa that lies a bit beyond the MainSpa, it is in the Jungle and has huts scattered throughout for massage and other treatments. This is my very favorite! You will find me there at 3pm every afternoon getting Lymphatic Drainage Massage, my absolute favorite! You can wander through the Ecospa and commune with nature. It is laid out by a natural spring that is full of fish, turtles and ducks. A lovely retreat from the Caribbean sun. A great place to meditate and be thankful for the beauty that abounds!

Entertainment and Activities
The Entertainment at Casa Del Mar seems to be endless, with something fun and wonderful always going on! From morning to the late night you will find one of the fun animation staff around to engage you in a game or a dance lesson, Spanish lesson, towel folding, cocktail making?.always something wonderful and fun to do?.or if you choose you can do absolutely nothing and just sit by the beach or pool and loll around and soak up the sun.

There is the tennis court, the bicycle tour (which I still haven?t done) you can book a golf outing with Guest Services! There is the free horseback ride, sign up down by the towel hut with Mario ?the horse master?.

All kinds of fun things to do and you can find them all listed in the SUNdial newsletter that they slip under your door everynight so when you arise you can plan your day. What a great idea that is! Another great Casa Del Marvelous Service!
Excursions
The Apple Reps at Casa Del Mar are Michelle and Caroline and they are the ?Dream Team? Love those girls! They are both so very helpful, Michelle is from England and Caroline is from the DR, they work hard to make sure your vacation is MARVELOUS! Their office is on the 2nd floor of Building 3 and they are there to help! Even if you do not book through Apple they can help your find and book great trips off the resort!

This past trip I took the shopping trip with Caroline, it was $25 I think and we went to a cigar factory and to Altos De Chevon!

I also got to go to the Kandella Show at Altos De Chevon, it runs several times during the year so you might want to check to see if it is indeed playing while you are there.

I have done in the past the River Adventure tour and it was great fun also!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at:

pathtomt@aol.com

You can visit my webshots albums at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/baltobabe-date

baltobabe

May 11, 2006
Thanks WUD! Still feeling my way around! Thanks for the invite! This is a nice place and I am glad to be here with you!

bb/mt

Tashi

Mar 31, 2006
Hi Baltobaby!!!

Another great Casa Del Mar trip report from you girlie!! You are a lucky little amiga to have spent your birthday at this great resort!! Man, we were only here once and also fell in love with the place like you have!!! We are hoping that someday we will be able to go back and enjoy all the wonderful this resort offers. We still talk about our magical meals at DiMario's (sp??)

Debbie
Cleveland, OH
(your amiga from the other board)