Help out a first timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerzykid

May 12, 2006
Hey everybody, this is my first time posting here.

Anyways let me get to the point me and a another friend of mine are traveling to puerto plata next week. We are looking into the Hotel Voramar.. have any of you heard of that? Is it a nice place to stay? The only reason we are staying there is cause we are on a budget. We found the room on the internet for about 20-30 bucks a night but after looking at the pictures it seemed really nice. We’re interested in spending a lot of time at the beaches so what are some really clean exotic looking beaches. Mind you we are in our early 20’s so we want to be around ppl our own age and not end up with ppl on their honeymoon. What are some of the hot singles nightclubs that are around the area where u can meet woman? How are the women there? The restaurants? Is jet skiing availbe there? Scuba diving? And if so what are the prices?

Thanks a bunch

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
jerzykid said:
Hey everybody, this is my first time posting here.
Anyways let me get to the point me and a another friend of mine are traveling to puerto plata next week.
Although you are flying into POP airport, the hotel you are looking at is in Sosua, not Puerto Plata.

jerzykid said:
We are looking into the Hotel Voramar.. have any of you heard of that? Is it a nice place to stay?
Voramar is an ok hotel in the Eastern part of Sosua.
It's a bit far from the center of town, so either you would have to rent a car or take motoconchos or taxis, to & fro.
Most of the clientel is German & Dutch.

jerzykid said:
The only reason we are staying there is cause we are on a budget. We found the room on the internet for about 20-30 bucks a night but after looking at the pictures it seemed really nice.
There are many "guest friendly" hotels in that price range, at this time of the year, so if you prefer being closer or have a problem with not being with other English speaking guests, there are many other options in that price range.

jerzykid said:
We?re interested in spending a lot of time at the beaches so what are some really clean exotic looking beaches.
There are many beaches in the area, so you will be able to find what suits you best.

jerzykid said:
Mind you we are in our early 20?s so we want to be around ppl our own age and not end up with ppl on their honeymoon.
Honeymooners are usually in all inclusive resorts, so you're not likely be running into them at Voramar or any other regular hotel in the area.
Cabarete is more geared to a young sporty crowd, but it is more expensive for food & accommodations.

jerzykid said:
What are some of the hot singles nightclubs that are around the area where u can meet woman?
There are more bars & discos than you can shake a stick at.
You need only walk around downtown Sosua at night, and you will find what you are looking for.

jerzykid said:
How are the women there?
You could write for 10 years, answering that question.
They are generally recognized as being prettier than average, but also culturally different.

jerzykid said:
The restaurants?
There's no shortage of restaurants.

jerzykid said:
Is jet skiing availbe there?
Last I heard, there is jet skiing available at the main Sosua Bay beach.

jerzykid said:
Scuba diving? And if so what are the prices?
Contact http://www.northerncoastdiving.com/ for all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.