cigarettes

ukmdb

May 10, 2006
Hi everyone,

Not everyone's fav. past time but here goes.
Does anyone know if cigarettes are cheap in the DR and are they easily accessable to purchase from the shops at resoprts?

Can you buy Marlboro's?
And is there a limit as to what you can bring back to the UK or take through DR customs.

Thanks in advance.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can buy a carton of Marlboro for about $14 US. They are sold everywhere.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
NO limitations as to the amount you can take through DR customs but YOU know the UK guys!!! (Used to be a max of 200 I think). DON'T leave buying them until you go through Duty Free on the return journey though - Duty Free tends to be a bit more expensive than the supermarket price!!

As a thought - cigars are quite reasonably priced too. Buy a couple of packs & trade them to your local Barman against a few pints - HE will get a good deal & so will you!! ~ Grahame.

Last edited:

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
The limit is 200 - i know from personaly experiance. After a 9 hour flight delay on my last trip and the 9 hour flight the last thing i needed was to be stopped by customs. Whilst i admit - i may have had 1800 too many they take the whole lot off of you if you are caught.
TO be fair to the customs officer - he did chuck 1 pack back into my hand luggage for a much needed fag in the smoking area just outside. The best fag of my life!!!

Dan
4 days to go!!!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
SKY said:
You can buy a carton of Marlboro for about $14 US. They are sold everywhere.
But, as discussed in anther thread, Dominican Marlboro's are not the same as American Marlboro's.

rainbow123

Jul 28, 2006
Go to the supermarket where the locals buy their groceries, not the resort shops to save the most money. I found Red Marlborough's everywhere, no probs.

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
ukmdb said:
Hi everyone,

Not everyone's fav. past time but here goes.
Does anyone know if cigarettes are cheap in the DR and are they easily accessable to purchase from the shops at resoprts?

Can you buy Marlboro's?
And is there a limit as to what you can bring back to the UK or take through DR customs.

Thanks in advance.

Im a marlboro lights girl when im drinking! You can get both types easily but it is only 200 back into the UK unfortunatly!