song help please

weiland13

Apr 19, 2006
I just got back from a week at the Riu Bachata. I had a great time. At the restaraunts they had a cd play. I don't know the artist or how the songs go but they played on and off all week. The same artist was being played everywhere I went by local people and shuttle bus drivers. The artist is probably from the Dominican because it seemed all the staff at the resort would sing along when they heard the music. Any thoughts of who this would be? It is sang in spanish.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
weiland13 said:
I don't know the artist or how the songs go but they played on and off all week. Any thoughts of who this would be? It is sang in spanish.

If you don't know how the song goes, how do you know what you are looking for?

Honestly, how do you expect anyone to be able to guess what song it is you are talking about with the information you have provided.

Please be more specific - you must know the chorus at least?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow song in Spanish that's just amazing :rolleyes: does it go lalalalala and then lalalala? :laugh:

Sorry everybody there's times you can't watch without posting a comment. ;)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Do they repeatedly say "Luny Tunes", or "Daddy Jankee"...., that might narrow it down to a hundred songs!

Give us one phrase and I will find it in my Emay Pay Tres.

weiland13

Apr 19, 2006
I know I did not provide much information wise asses. Since I do not speak spanish, I couldn't tell you any of the chorus or words to the song.I was hoping to get the name of a few artists that happen to be popular or might have a popular song currently, or someone to point me in the right direction.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
weiland13,

Give this a try.

I have no idea what song(s) you may want but go to:

www.riubambu.com/RIU_WEB_PAGES/RIU_MISC/member/member.htm

Here you can register for free for the Discussion Board at Rusty's "Unofficial" Riu Website and there are links leading to about 20 of the common songs played at many Riu resorts.

In addition there are movies, Flash presentations and 360 degree photo arrays of your favourite Riu resorts.

Enjoy.

Gregg

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
weiland13 said:
I just got back from a week at the Riu Bachata. I had a great time. At the restaraunts they had a cd play. I don't know the artist or how the songs go but they played on and off all week. The same artist was being played everywhere I went by local people and shuttle bus drivers. The artist is probably from the Dominican because it seemed all the staff at the resort would sing along when they heard the music. Any thoughts of who this would be? It is sang in spanish.

Why don't you get the phone number of the resort and call them to find out?. All resorts have some people who can speak english and if you tell them what you need, they will most likely be able to help you.

I can understand your situation a bit. I was in Santiago last December and there was a popular bachata song that I kept hearing at most clubs that I visited. So I was going to get the name of the song but I forgot until I was in the taxi on my way to the airport coming back. The taxi driver taking me was playing a CD containing a selection of many artists and he noticed that I was enjoying the tracks on the CD and kind-heartedly offered to give me as a gift but I insisted on buying it from him. So I got back to my good ole USA and I was playing the CD later and I discovered that the track I had been wanting to get was one of the songs on the CD. I just flipped out.

I played the track so many times, I must have worn it out within 2 weeks.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
weiland13 said:

I don't understand why you guys do this, go on vacation and listen to these songs and love them but don't ask the info right there and then, how are we suppose to know what you are talking about from ur info.???????

ash56

Feb 18, 2006
ok well i havnt a clue which song that you are on about , but there is a tune i would like to find i saw it on one of the dominican republic music tv channels and it is a young group singing mainly boys and the video is of a girl who i assume is being beaten by her dad !! and in the end she dies and the mum is crying at the end , all i remember is something about por los ninos has anyone any idea's oh and the person singing in the video is crying any help ??