Opening a Business?

Orchidtunnel

May 14, 2006
Do you need a permanent residency to open a business in DR? I am considering opening a clothing store. Does anyone have any experience opening a retail store and consider the best location?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Brand New Idea

Orchidtunnel said:
Do you need a permanent residency to open a business in DR?
Yes, you do.
And then you'll get a RNC number ...

Orchidtunnel said:
....I am considering opening a clothing store. Does anyone have any experience opening a retail store and consider the best location?
Has the feasibility study of your project really pointed to the Dominican Republic? Interesting, very interesting...

m'frog

P.S.:
Welcome to DR1!

isny pierre

May 4, 2006
im moving my company to puto plata selling to only business owner in bulk houses whole iteam like toaster,microwave,coffee maker,t.v....more.Would the area be good location yes or no.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
POP Perfect

isny pierre said:
.... my company to puto plata.... area be good location yes or no.

Puto Plata is OK.
Puta Plata is not bad..
Puerto Plata is better.

POP has an airport and a port for your incoming merchandise.
Buying power is increasing.
Check for competition and rethink your plans.

m'frog

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
Hi orchid,

The answer is you do not "need" a permanent residency to open a business in the DR. There are alternatives like incorporation. This is coming from experience. I am currently operating both retail and service and may be able to help you. Feel free to Pm me if you like.

Some people don't know how to say "I don't know " or feel the need to provide an answer even though it is incorrect. Those people should try to stick to sarcasm, instead of misleading or discouraging people, when they clearly have no experience. Repeat after me...I don't need to answer every question...i don't need to answer every question...

Rich