Washer & Dryer

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Can anyone suggest where I can purchase a one piece washer and dryer. I 'm looking for the type where the washer is on the bottom the dryer on top. I have seen them in codos here in the US . I have a place in Sosua and will be there for three weeks starting in June.If anyone can help please leave a message.
Thank you.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
There is a new shop in Puerto Plata, corner of Calle 12 de Julio and Calle Eugenio de Schamps ( just across panaderia Pappaterra close to Parque Luperon ) that has them.
The shop carries all kinds of imported items as well. Everything from washing mashines, lamps, decoration items etc etc.
I don?t know the prices as I didn?t look at the washing mashines very close when I was there, otherwise then that I noticed they had them in the store.

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Thank you

Thanks for the info, I will check them out when I arrive.
I love this site. It would of taken me a week on my own.

Thanks again
Ace.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
JDJones said:
Yes, Plaza Lama has them.. But brace yourself. If the price doesn't give you a heart attack, the electric bill for running it will.
Best to get a "senora" to wash and iron your clothes. She'll probably clean your house and cook for you if you like, and won't cost you anything near what that combo unit will run ya....

It's actually cheaper to pay people to blow dry your clothes than the monthly electric bill of a dryer.

Jan 5, 2006
We have one of those running on propane, although it's only used sparingly. I would stay away from the electric models.