Bones!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I came across this article this morning that suggests that half of Christopher Columbus's bones may stay in the DR, and the other half in Spain.

"Lorente does not dismiss the possibility that Columbus' bones could be divided between Spain and the Dominican Republic, meaning the explorer rests on both ends of the sea route he discovered."

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2006/05/15/2003308324

"Some believe he was Catalan, Basque, Portuguese, Greek, Corsican or even Swiss. Genetic research could throw some light on the puzzle, with experts busy comparing DNA samples taken from Hernando's bones to that of possible male descendants who bear surnames like Colombo, Colon, Colomb or Coulomb in Italy, Spain and France."

Apparently the DNS research will be completed in September this year and the mystery of his place of burial and his nationality will be solved. I think it would be really funny if he turns out to have been Swiss or something.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Chris said:
I came across this article this morning that suggests that half of Christopher Columbus's bones may stay in the DR, and the other half in Spain.

"Lorente does not dismiss the possibility that Columbus' bones could be divided between Spain and the Dominican Republic, meaning the explorer rests on both ends of the sea route he discovered."

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2006/05/15/2003308324

"Some believe he was Catalan, Basque, Portuguese, Greek, Corsican or even Swiss. Genetic research could throw some light on the puzzle, with experts busy comparing DNA samples taken from Hernando's bones to that of possible male descendants who bear surnames like Colombo, Colon, Colomb or Coulomb in Italy, Spain and France."

Apparently the DNS research will be completed in September this year and the mystery of his place of burial and his nationality will be solved. I think it would be really funny if he turns out to have been Swiss or something.

As of this date, Dominican authorities have steadfastly refused DNA testing of the bones presumed to be THE ADMIRALs in El FARO A COLON. The reasons are obvious...

-